Calling all Samsung Galaxy S/Captivate owners - quick question for you.

JaYp146

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys,

Seeking your input on a minor issue. I'm trying out the Captivate via friend, and I've come to notice a slight issue with the backlight.

http://i.imgur.com/Vjdv4.jpg Taken in a dark room. It's only noticeable with the blank white background.

Is this bluish box around the yellowish box normal? I'm seriously considering buying the Captivate off him once he upgrades.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, some batches have bluish tint to white.

It's an issue inherent to samoled displays...some are more apparent than others.

If you're going to use it on T-mobile then you'll need to unlock it and you can use their unsupported phones data package for $10/unlimited.
If you're going to use it with AT&T then you can purchase a refurb for $50 with a contract.

I personally have the epic 4G and from what I remember from my research prior to purchasing the device and from my previous ownership/research of the Samsung Moment (regular AMOLED), IIRC most AMOLED devices have slight color shifting, which is balanced out by their contrast and their black levels. I'm green-red "colorblind" so take anything I say about color with a grain of salt lol. I'm also viewing this on un-calibrated TN LCD so lol.

Epic 4G owner.

Can't say I've noticed that problem on my phone. I'm guessing I lucked out.

Back