Bypassing a print CSS ?

Gambit

Gawd
I'm looking at a website for the company I'm working for which has a CSS <link> attribute to reformat the page when you print it to make it "printer friendly" Unfortunately, I'd like to print the page as it is on the screen. Since I don't have direct access to the website files, I can't much around with it too much. So far the best I've been able to do is save the webpage as an archive (*.mht), then go in and remove the CSS links that have 'media="print"' listed.. After opening the mht in IE and going to print preview, it shows the same thing.

I've contacted the company developing the site for us (SOCS) and their solution was to do a print screen. Of course, that doesn't take into account the fact that the site is longer than the screen is tall. Any other solutions?

grab firefox, get add-on called "Web Developer"

web developer will let you monkey with the CSS on a site...that should let you rip out that part.

Apparently the way they designed the site is such that even disabling the print CSS, it'll still reformat the page when you go to print it. Apparently I wasn't doing anything wrong when I messed with the web archive; it just doesn't like being changed at all.

Thanks for the tip anyway though.

If it is just missing the pictures and background, and you are using IE, there is an option in Internet Options->Advanced->Printing to print those.

How about taking a screen shot and then printing that? Firefox has a nice screenshot addon (ScreenGrab!) that let you just right click, and then save the page as an image.

PurpleFlux Yes it helps and no it doesn't. It's good information to know, but this is happening in IE7, Opera 9.1 and Firefox 2 Basically, I don't think it's an IE only issue.

SoRnMaN Nice add-on. Seems to have done the trick *very* nicely.

Thanks to everyone for the help, mucho appreciated.

Back