Bring the L2420P to North America!

I have been promised some sort of some type of answer this week.

Tim :cool:

I think that week has passed. Have they given us an answer yet?? I've been sitting on the edge of my seat too long; I think my seat is making lines in my behind :p

It's very sad how obsessively I've been checking this website to see if new monitors are coming out. I can't believe I get my kicks in life from this :rolleyes:

It's very sad how obsessively I've been checking this website to see if new monitors are coming out. I can't believe I get my kicks in life from this :rolleyes:

Honestly I'm doing the same thing, and a lot of reading.

Bump, for great justice and to poke at Tim for an update ;)

Honestly I'm doing the same thing, and a lot of reading.

Bump, for great justice and to poke at Tim for an update ;)

Major LGE sales meeting at some fancy (read expensive) location on Thursday and Friday, and I am sure this was discussed.

Tim

I spoke with Dave this morning (17AUG2009), and LGE NA (US & CANADA) is now very well aware of the interest in these two monitors, and the ongoing discussions in these forums.

He will try to get some sort of "update" or "feeling" this week for us!

Tim
;)

He better hurry...

Close to deciding on new Dell U2410 or the HP 2475w

why LG isn't aware that many i mean thousands of customers would buy this 24'' NON WIDE IPS LCD!!!! INCLUDING ME!!!!!!!!!!......LG PUT THIS MONITOR ON THE MARKET ALREADY....it's well worth 400€ !!!!!!!

why LG isn't aware that many i mean thousands of customers would buy this 24'' NON WIDE IPS LCD!!!! INCLUDING ME!!!!!!!!!!......LG PUT THIS MONITOR ON THE MARKET ALREADY....it's well worth 400€ !!!!!!!

Non-wide? This monitor is widescreen. :p

The Title of This Thread Should Be:

Bring the LG W2420P / W2220P to North America!!!!

As of today, Monday July 27th, 2009 LG Electronics USA, Inc. has not decided whether they will import to the US, and/or Canada, one, both or none of the two new models that are IPS panel based, the W2420P / W2220P.

To encourage LG Electronics USA, Inc. to import both of these models (W2420P / W2220P) to the US, and Canada, every interested (and it should be all of us) forum member should send two emails, one to their local LG Electronics USA, Inc. representative with a copy of the email to LG Electronics USA, Inc.’s David Suaviso, Jr. - Eastern Territory Sales Manager, Channel Sales - Business Solutions Division supporting importation of both models.

http://www.lgcommercial.com/contact-us/

Check "Channel Sales" and "LCD TV and Monitors"

Also you can you can use "Find my LG Contact" Select your state and "Channel", this will give you direct email, telephone, and fax numbers for the LG representative in your state, and please let him know! Here is the link for "Find my LG Contact", also please CC David Suaviso, Jr. on all emails :

http://www.lgcommercial.com/find-my-lg-contact/

LG Electronics USA, Inc.
1000 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs
New Jersey. 07632
Telephone 201-816-2000

David Suaviso
Regional Account Manager
Office: 631-266-2215
Fax: 631-980-3738
[email protected]

Very detailed (in German - but the specifications are "clear") PDF and other details of the new LG W2x20P e-IPS product line can be found at:

http://de.lge.com/about/mobile/mobil/read_04_PRO|NEWS_7035_1_read_ROOT.jhtml

And you can then download many specification files regarding the W2420P / W2220P!

PLEASE SEND THOSE EMAILS TODAY !!!!!

Thanks,

Tim
There is such a thing as being embarrassingly exuberant.

So is there any news. IF not, are there at least any reviews on this monitor in English?

So is there any news. IF not, are there at least any reviews on this monitor in English?

Still waiting - Saw a review in Korean (for some reason the Korean never translates well with those automated tools).

:D Tim :D

Just give up on these already. If they are going to do it, we should have heard back from them already. Even if they make the decision next Monday to introduce them, I expect retail availability will be a month or two away.

I don't understand why company these days love to turn down huge money making opportunities...

Just give up on these already. If they are going to do it, we should have heard back from them already. Even if they make the decision next Monday to introduce them, I expect retail availability will be a month or two away.

I don't understand why company these days love to turn down huge money making opportunities...

Because they are not "one" company, and LGD is making a ton of money selling all the IPS panels it can make to any who will buy large lots, so LGE may get left out.

Tim
:cool:

LG is LG....like BMW is BMW or MERCEDES is MERCEDES, same company and LG doesnt have 1 fucking decent LCD monitor !!!!!

LG is LG....like BMW is BMW or MERCEDES is MERCEDES, same company and LG doesnt have 1 fucking decent LCD monitor !!!!!

The is NO "LG", yes the displays are by LGE, but then almost all the IPS panels are by LGD. And there is always some sort of family feud going on.

Tim

5ms gtg sounds like it's approaching TN speeds. Any idea at what speed your eye can begin to sense the change, and at what speed it seems instantaneous?

About 5 months ago, I ended up getting the 24" Dell # U2410 (24" / 1920x1200 / IPS panel ).

Wow, I'm thrilled with it, and I play COD-WaW and COD-MW2 FPS games with my son, and the monitor is plenty fast enough...

But I have read before that this model should have improved resolution (1100 instead of 1050). So the the question is, which exactly IPS that is inside? Same as Dell??

Last edited:
Back