Boinc Games Sprint starts tonight

wareyore

HDCOTY 2023
If you haven't signed up and had your CPID verified, come and do so. If you are running Boinc projects for [H] then might as well register at BG so your work counts toward the team and individual stats.

We have a lot of Primegrid crunching but only a few users registered at BG, so, only 1/4 of the teams work is being counted. All the work generated in the quarter from their listed projects counts toward the marathon numbers. So, if you are focusing on another project, great! you can participate, too.

You only have to register and verify your CPID once.

1707517262901.png

The first sprint is starting tonight. No word on the project yet.

1707517093396.png

Any of these projects could be selected. I'm hoping for the private GFN Server. I'm doing some work there now.

1707517437605.png

Only nine of us in here, so, far.

1707517605304.png

Reactions: EXT64
like this
So what is good at Einstein these days? I fired up my Radeon VIIs which only seemed to get GW work. They don't seem to be running well however it is too early to tell for sure.

So what is good at Einstein these days? I fired up my Radeon VIIs which only seemed to get GW work. They don't seem to be running well however it is too early to tell for sure.
It looks like GW is the only GPU available project. I had Gamma Ray GPU originally selected and I got the message there's no GPU work for it.

I even changed to grab GW GPU work and it says it has no work for my 1050Ti.

A pity something changed and BOINC no longer sees my RX570. I suspect it would get some work. I think I know what the issue is but it's not worth messing around with to attempt to get it to see it and use it again.

Last edited:
Radeon VII will do about 2.1M PPD on GW work. See my post here. Best is to stagger each task after the cpu initialization portion has completed and run multiple tasks per gpu. I only evaluated running 5 tasks. The GW run time benefits when paired with fast cpu.

I'm running 4 tasks per, but it is on an older CPU that is definitely holding it back. I just tried to start up another VII on a newer CPU, but now they seem to be out of work. Just like old times!

For task requiring wingman, just like in pent, you want to download enough tasks as early as possible to improve validation rate, hence likely that some crunchers may have downloaded a lot during the early part of the race ;)

Well, no work left now. Have fun DDOSers and Spoofers!

The next best project for VII in terms of PPD is the Meerkat BRP7. For Nvidia, use the special apps here but only on linux system.

Just an FYI, I am more focused on Marthons because it is less taxing on the projects and less frustrating on me. I will still hammer away at Pentathlon but don't think I will partake much on anything that suffers from the challenge issues we typically see these days. It has lost its luster with me.

Reactions: EXT64
like this
That's definitely a good way to still have fun and focus on projects that you might not run otherwise.

Back