Bluetooth. Is this possible?

2k3eblade

Gawd
I recently spoke to a friend of mine who claims that she saw in class a user on a laptop monitor bluetooth traffic on various mobile phones in the area. She also saw what look to be text message logs in various windows. This is possible? I was under the impression that bluetooth had a security protocol to protect against such intrusion (of course not fool proof, but nonetheless thats a lot of cracked phones).

I recently spoke to a friend of mine who claims that she saw in class a user on a laptop monitor bluetooth traffic on various mobile phones in the area. She also saw what look to be text message logs in various windows. This is possible? I was under the impression that bluetooth had a security protocol to protect against such intrusion (of course not fool proof, but nonetheless thats a lot of cracked phones).

While I'm pretty sure your friend didn't see text message logs in various windows, yes it is possible to crack, locate and monitor bluetooth traffic. Just google "bluetooth gun" or "bluesniper rifle" to see a extreme way to locate and monitor bluetooth. Also, hit the Security portion of the bluetooth wiki page.

While I'm pretty sure your friend didn't see text message logs in various windows, yes it is possible to crack, locate and monitor bluetooth traffic. Just google "bluetooth gun" or "bluesniper rifle" to see a extreme way to locate and monitor bluetooth. Also, hit the Security portion of the bluetooth wiki page.

Hmm.. is there anyway to pair a device (via using these cracking methods) to dump a text log or any file from a bluetooth (most likey a smart phone) phone? This sounds plausible to me since wifi networks can be cracked the same way to again access to user files.

I thought that there is a vista gadget that can fetch your text and voicemail, but I can't remember what its called for the life of me

Back