black macbook hd spec question

dreamcast87

Limp Gawd
what brand (specs if available) of hard drive comes stock istalled with the black 13.3" macbook? i know it's a 250gb hard drive but it doesn't state on their website who the manufacturer is.

what brand (specs if available) of hard drive comes stock istalled with the black 13.3" macbook? i know it's a 250gb hard drive but it doesn't state on their website who the manufacturer is.

No idea, but you should keep in mind that an identically specced white and black Macbook will result in the black version costing $100 more. I didn't know if you were already aware of that but I had to bring it up. :)

It could be from any of the companies that manufacture a 2.5" 250GB 5.2k RPM SATA HD. Apple is like any OEM, they buy components that are up to their specifications from the least expensive source.

Every drive I've pulled out of macbooks have been either Fujitsu or Hitachi. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another make, not saying they aren't out there but I've pulled quite a few.

thanks a lot it makes the decision easy for me when i get my macbook pull the drive and relace it with a superior Western Digital 250GB and use the stock as a backup drive once again thanks

Back