BF3 back to karkand purchase

owca6666

n00b
Hi guys i just bought the expansion through origin app but i cant download it anywhere am i the only one with this problem or is there a problem on EA side ?

There is no download, it was front loaded on the most recent update (last week)

so why i cant play it thats weird. i got email confirming i bought it and i have info on my battlefeed that i purchased expansion but still it doesnt work for me WTF ?

im trying to get into servers with no luck :/

What it is saying when you try to connect?

Also, get in touch with EA/Origin support.

it saying u dont have expansion pack and theres a big picture get expansion NOW.

i know on the bottom of that window suppose to be button Continue but i dont have it -.-

there's an expansion pack already out? how CoD of them.

edit: I've always felt like battlefield half-assed the quantity of maps. But i guess i was spoiled with HL1
No one releases tools anymore though, so it's not much of an option. They'd rather make money off maps which i can't blame them for.

Sry for derail lol

Last edited:
Heh, my bet is it's another one of EA's deliberate "mistakes" to con people into thinking they need to buy the DLC separately.

Long bow to draw? EA has had months to make sure this worked properly at launch.

there's an expansion pack already out? how CoD of them.

edit: I've always felt like battlefield half-assed the quantity of maps. But i guess i was spoiled with HL1
No one releases tools anymore though, so it's not much of an option. They'd rather make money off maps which i can't blame them for.

Sry for derail lol

The expansion pack was free for most of us. Not CoD of them at all :)

I am having the same issue right now. I bought B2K but servers don't recognize that i have.

Same. Been waiting on the online chat help but long queues...probably doesn't help that SWTOR early access opened today either...

The expansion pack was free for most of us. Not CoD of them at all :)
Yup, free if you pre-order, which most people did.

Even if you didn't, it's well worth the $15. These new (or should I say "revived") maps are a million times better than all of the original BF3 maps combined.

it's well worth the $15.
I dunno, man. I got tons more content than this out of the Desert Combat Mod for 1942 and Project Reality for BF2, and I didn't pay a cent for either. This seems like a gigantic ripoff.

Last edited:
What it is saying when you try to connect?

Also, get in touch with EA/Origin support.

ho3V2.png

(Found on Reddit)

I found sollution for this !!!! :D

close everything except origin make sure your origin app is logged in > click play on your BF3 > once ur battlelog page loads up in top right hand corner u have Sign Out button press it and log back in

thats the solution lolwut i was soo frustrated after i found this out xD

the update is 2.1 gig if I remember right and doesn't take too long to download. EA servers seem to be very very fast.

the update is 2.1 gig if I remember right and doesn't take too long to download. EA servers seem to be very very fast.

It said 3.9GB when I was downloading it. I had to download it twice since Origin doesn't resume when the internet is disconnected. It downloaded 99%, then my internet lost connection, and Origin lost the update.

Wake Island looks cool. That was my favorite map from BF2

Yup, free if you pre-order, which most people did.

Yep, and for those of us that did not pre-order, we get alienated, or are forced to pay $15. Yesterday, all my favorite servers were A) playing new maps that I cannot play or B) empty.

Great way to alienate millions of people a month after launch.

Pretty sure I didn't have to buy it either.:)

Same, though I did need to buy it for my wife. I got one of those $30 versions for her during the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. So it ended up costing $45 for her game($30) + the Karkand expansion($15). :( Oh well, we both enjoy getting our asses handed to us and just randomly blurting out WTF at the game. :)

Practically all the servers running expansion maps are empty. I hope this improves, otherwise there won't be much of a reason to buy expansions in the future.

Heh, my bet is it's another one of EA's deliberate "mistakes" to con people into thinking they need to buy the DLC separately.

Long bow to draw? EA has had months to make sure this worked properly at launch.

Every game has had problems at launch or when an expansion pack came out. This is nothing unique.

I found sollution for this !!!! :D

close everything except origin make sure your origin app is logged in > click play on your BF3 > once ur battlelog page loads up in top right hand corner u have Sign Out button press it and log back in

thats the solution lolwut i was soo frustrated after i found this out xD

Thanks man, this saved me a lot of time and frustration!

I paid 60 bucks for the game and it was not the limited edition, Considering how many crashes and bugs that is plagued with this game it was not worth it. For those that say "hey the game is new, what do you expect?" Well you are obviously used to EA games.. because typically game developers do extensive testing, I have NEVER had these kind of issues with any other game i have purchased. Unless a game is in beta of course. That is where i see problems like these in beta versions of games, but hardly not official releases.

The fact that want me to fork out another 15$ on top of my 60$ a month later? what is this WoW? I didn't realize this was gonna be a monthly payment game lol. Shit at least WoW works, laugh.

It said 3.9GB when I was downloading it.

It's reporting some sort of install or uncompressed size instead of the actual number of bytes you download. They probably do this so that they can inflate the reported download speed, making fools all over the internet yap about how fantastically fast Origin is.

I know they're inflating the download speed because my "3.9 GB" downloaded faster than what is physically possible given my connection speed.

It's all lies, all the way down.

I paid 60 bucks for the game and it was not the limited edition, Considering how many crashes and bugs that is plagued with this game it was not worth it. For those that say "hey the game is new, what do you expect?" Well you are obviously used to EA games.. because typically game developers do extensive testing, I have NEVER had these kind of issues with any other game i have purchased. Unless a game is in beta of course. That is where i see problems like these in beta versions of games, but hardly not official releases.

The fact that want me to fork out another 15$ on top of my 60$ a month later? what is this WoW? I didn't realize this was gonna be a monthly payment game lol. Shit at least WoW works, laugh.

You obviously did not play WoW at launch ;)

And $60 for standard game plus $15 for BTK? Many bought the Limited Edition for $40-45. It was on sale off and on since early August until release for that price.

It probably is buggier than WoW was at launch. I had quite a few issues with WoW and even had some with SC2 crashing to desktop.

i never played wow, but as far as sc2 comparing it to bf3 bugs is plain criminal lol. I have friend that purchased the expansion and they still cant play it. "missing game content", I have never had a game that was unplayable at launch. and bf3 was pretty much that way <better with the patch>. Before the patch i couldn't fly a plane without crashing to desktop and thats just client side. Server side people were paying good money for server that would not stay up for more then 24 hours, If you want to work the math Server owners lost 100's of thousands of dollars on servers they were unable to populate because of constant server crashes. Only recently was server stability issues improved. Anyone that defends a game with so many flaws needs to stop letting bubba rape them in the ass. Sure the game is sick when it "works".

Most of SC2 problems were in the SLI drivers and gpu utilization but nothing that stopped me from playing the game.

Last edited:
i never played wow, but as far as sc2 comparing it to bf3 bugs is plain criminal lol. I have friend that purchased the expansion and they still cant play it. "missing game content", I have never had a game that was unplayable at launch. and bf3 was pretty much that way <better with the patch>. Before the patch i couldn't fly a plane without crashing to desktop and thats just client side. Server side people were paying good money for server that would not stay up for more then 24 hours, If you want to work the math Server owners lost 100's of thousands of dollars on servers they were unable to populate because of constant server crashes. Only recently was server stability issues improved. Anyone that defends a game with so many flaws needs to stop letting bubba rape them in the ass. Sure the game is sick when it "works".

Most of SC2 problems were in the SLI drivers and gpu utilization but nothing that stopped me from playing the game.

It varies from person to person. BF3 has only crashed on me a couple times. Probably just as many times as SC2 did for me when it first came out.

It varies from person to person. BF3 has only crashed on me a couple times. Probably just as many times as SC2 did for me when it first came out.

Ya but you are forgetting server side problems with the game as well, considering you don't pay for SC2 servers. apples and oranges bro. sure the server side issues are being resolved... but LOTS of money was wasted in the meantime with servers being left unpopulated unless u had a huge clan base, can you imagine paying 300$ a month in server costs and not being able to keep your servers up and populated? I happen to administrate a few servers bf3 included.

Last edited:
Same, I've only had BF3 crash a small handful of times. I've been playing Back to Karkand with no problems, and I literally started playing it the second it went live (like 2AM PST the other night or so). I guess we're just lucky.

I've played WoW on launch-day of every expansion as well as every major patch release, and I don't think anything can be as shitty as that :p If anyone remembers waiting in 3000+ player queues only to have the server go boom when you finally got in when TBC launched, or when Arena Season 2 started and the only PvP vendors were in Netherstorm and you literally had thousands of people packed into a tiny space trying to click on the same NPC...oh man, it was bad.

Yep, and for those of us that did not pre-order, we get alienated, or are forced to pay $15. Yesterday, all my favorite servers were A) playing new maps that I cannot play or B) empty.

Great way to alienate millions of people a month after launch.
Your point being? You are not "forced" to do anything. It was made common knowledge well before release that any pre-order copies would receive BTK for free when it went live and that everyone else would have to pay for it. If you don't want to buy it, there are PLENTY of servers that only play the old maps. You must not be looking hard enough because I found tons of them that didn't have BTK maps in the rotation. Sorry that your favorite servers decided to switch to BTK maps, but you can blame the server for that, not EA.

Last edited:
Awesome just spent 2 hours downloading the 3.9gb update. As soon it completed Origin says "hey you want to download the 3.9GB update?" Yeah I did. 2 FUCKING HOURS AGO.

I FUCKING HATE ORIGIN!!!!!!!!!

Same, I've only had BF3 crash a small handful of times. I've been playing Back to Karkand with no problems, and I literally started playing it the second it went live (like 2AM PST the other night or so). I guess we're just lucky.

I've played WoW on launch-day of every expansion as well as every major patch release, and I don't think anything can be as shitty as that :p If anyone remembers waiting in 3000+ player queues only to have the server go boom when you finally got in when TBC launched, or when Arena Season 2 started and the only PvP vendors were in Netherstorm and you literally had thousands of people packed into a tiny space trying to click on the same NPC...oh man, it was bad.

Your point being? You are not "forced" to do anything. It was made common knowledge well before release that any pre-order copies would receive BTK for free when it went live and that everyone else would have to pay for it. If you don't want to buy it, there are PLENTY of servers that only play the old maps. You must not be looking hard enough because I found tons of them that didn't have BTK maps in the rotation. Sorry that your favorite servers decided to switch to BTK maps, but you can blame the server for that, not EA.

Naaa lets blame EA. I mean seriously? who releases a expansion a month after a games official release? Seems like a marketing scam to me. Considering how few maps there are in the original release, this so called "expansion pack" should of been included with the game. Your argument is "well it wasn't ready" my argument "so what nothing was ready with the game to start".

No game developer has ever had the balls to release an expansion so soon after a game has been released. I think it spits in the face of Loyal customers. Greed has taken over EA. I'm surprised we received more then 1 map with the game LOL each map is worth cash right? They could of marketed more expansions say one expansion a month? your favorite servers will naturally run the new maps and you will have to go to some shit server to play the old one.

Naaa lets blame EA. I mean seriously? who releases a expansion a month after a games official release? Seems like a marketing scam to me. Considering how few maps there are in the original release, this so called "expansion pack" should of been included with the game. Your argument is "well it wasn't ready" my argument "so what nothing was ready with the game to start".

No game developer has ever had the balls to release an expansion so soon after a game has been released. I think it spits in the face of Loyal customers. Greed has taken over EA. I'm surprised we received more then 1 map with the game LOL each map is worth cash right? They could of marketed more expansions say one expansion a month? your favorite servers will naturally run the new maps and you will have to go to some shit server to play the old one.

They should instead release map making tools and let the community create and distribute maps.

Before BF3 was even released EA made it very clear that the expansion would come out about a month after the game went retail, and yes it was a marketing ploy to get people to pre-order but that's meaningless.

All that matters is that some people took the chance on the game and preordered so they could get the expansion for free and others didn't. Those who took the risk were rewarded, those who didn't had to buy the freebee those pre-ordering got for free.

So for once being an early adopter paid off and as a result non-early adopters didn't make out, such is life, knock the sand out of your vagina and move on with your life. :D

Before BF3 was even released EA made it very clear that the expansion would come out about a month after the game went retail, and yes it was a marketing ploy to get people to pre-order but that's meaningless.

All that matters is that some people took the chance on the game and preordered so they could get the expansion for free and others didn't. Those who took the risk were rewarded, those who didn't had to buy the freebee those pre-ordering got for free.

So for once being an early adopter paid off and as a result non-early adopters didn't make out, such is life, knock the sand out of your vagina and move on with your life. :D

What risk exactly did you take with pre-ordering? LOL, sounds like your the vagina, you want risk? try riding my sportbike.

Your point being?

My point being? I'm pretty sure I stated both my case and my point.

Did I know that BF3 was going to release an expansion 1 month after I purchased the game? Nope. Do I spend enormous amounts of time on the internet in which I could view news of all up-coming games to find out this kind of information? Nope. Are there many, many people in my position? Yep.

That being said, since all my friends purchased it, I bought the expansion too. Afterall, the part that makes BF3 the most fun is playing with your friends.

They should instead release map making tools and let the community create and distribute maps.

Exactly. Some of the best maps in previous FPS games came from the community. I think letting users build maps is a thing of the past though. Especially with ranking systems and destructible buildings. It opens up too much room for exploits.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why people are surprised this expansion came out. It had been VERY WELL for SEVERAL months known it would be released shortly after BF3 came out, and that if you preordered you got it free. The expansion is EASILY worth the $15 if you don't already have it, and if that little bit of money breaks the bank for you then don't buy it and play vanilla. I'm sure there are plenty of populated regular servers on the list.

oh, and lol at the guy that said B2K servers were empty...I constantly have to wait in 4 player queus, and seen qeue of 14+ a couple times.

Back