Best software/method to remove "browser highjack" virus/maleware?

xDiVolatilX

2[H]4U
So my broswer is highjacked, not sure wtf is going on but I can't get it out. I ran "malware bytes" but it didn't do anything says 0 threats found yet my browser has a mind of its of going to random bullshit sites redirecting itself. Clearly something is in there. How can i clean it out? Windows 11 64bit. Thanks in advance.

Reinstall windows. Even if you think it's cleaned otherwise, it's a gamble and time sink to bother doing anything else.
Thats what I was thinking. I can't believe Windows hasn't figured out how to defeat this by now. Mind boggling.

You want to know where it is redirecting me? lol here https://ook.gg/ext?q=rick and morty season 7 wtf is this? I didn't search for rick and morty lmao

Every search I try to make on google for example, sends me to something completely unrelated and makes no sense.
Check browser extensions, running programs in task manager, task scheduler and even Windows installed programs for anything fishy. Windows key + R - inetcpl.cpl then go to Connections - LAN settings and make sure the only thing checked is "Automatically detect settings". Try a scan with Emsisoft Emergency Kit.

Ultimately, like GoldenTiger suggested you'll probably just want to reinstall Windows.

Back