Best Buy: XFX 4890 $149.99 in store YMMV

DIBS on one of the damn dirty ape cards yhpm damn dirty ape i am in st louis too would you sell one to a local? can pp you right now gift of course

Last edited:
got mine !!
reciept-1.jpg

Yeah, I went to like three around me. None of them had any; understandably. So if anyone wants to let one go, shoot me a PM.

Might as well put me on the OOS beggar list too if someone somehow has a store full of them...paypal ready.

Yeah, that's the one. ZSFR is the one I got.

Picked mine up last week @$146.99. I saw here that the card got marked down even further to $125.99. So I took my receipt with me into the store and asked for a pricematch. They did it w/o hesitation, which I though was pretty good since the BB's in my area no longer have any in stock.

$125.99 for a 4890 ..... now THAT's a [H]ot deal!!!!!

:p

Yeah, that's the one. ZSFR is the one I got.

Picked mine up last week @$146.99. I saw here that the card got marked down even further to $125.99. So I took my receipt with me into the store and asked for a pricematch. They did it w/o hesitation, which I though was pretty good since the BB's in my area no longer have any in stock.

$125.99 for a 4890 ..... now THAT's a [H]ot deal!!!!!

:p
Tell me about it. In retrospect, I should've picked up two

Yeah let's see that[H] "gold award" winning Ati radeon hd 5830 beat that for bang for the buck. oh wait it can't. lol!

Bought 3 today for ~$140 a piece.
Probably gonna keep one and sell the other two.

I meant $140 after tax.
It's a beautiful sight seeing these stacked on my desk. I am tempted to try out quad-fire. :-P

I just checked out Woodlands store in Houston they had 0 (it was 2hr round trip). And the only one left in the Houston area was at the Gulfgate Mall, and I didnt feel like driving another hour+ further.

Good luck to anyone going to Gulfgate to try and get it.

I have a question.
At the moment I have 4 4890s. Two of the boxes say they are version 3.1, one says version 1.6, and my 4890's box says version 3.0. What does this mean?

All 3 of the ones I bought today are (ver 3.1 / 3.1 / 1.6):
HD-489X-ZSFR

My 4890 which is the version 3.0 is:
HD-489A-ZDFC

Everyone here is complaining of bad clock speeds, but my XFX 4890 runs very easily at 975/1115

Last edited:
You disgust me. :( My 5770 wont let me install drivers and I can find any video cards locally for cheap. :(

It's the only perk I've ever had of living in El Dorado Hills but working in Elk Grove and Roseville. :p

Haha, Which one did you find it at? Not the Natomas one right? And dam thats pretty far no?

Worth it to crossfire? or Better off going single card 5xxx series?

*note loving the one I got, it kills my 8800gtx on BFBC2.

Worth it to crossfire? or Better off going single card 5xxx series?

*note loving the one I got, it kills my 8800gtx on BFBC2.

It just depends on if you want dx11 and eyefinity. Two 4890s will own a single 5850/5870, but you won't get the previously mentioned features. I myself and just holding on to my single 4890 and will wait a year or so and see what is out then.

I can ship out my last 4890 for $160 today if anyone wants.
v3.1 still in box.

Both cards are now sold pending paypal funds receipt. I'll post back here if either falls through.

thanks

sorry for the necro but...

i watercooled the bestbuy card, i am getting pretty decent clocks on it.

using msi afterburner i pushed the ram so far to 1050 and the core to 950 and it hasn't crashed kombustor, dirt2 or dragon age.

get ramsinks and some airflow over those exposed chips!, the stock cooling looks nice until you realize it doesn't touch anything except the core. I have it under a dtek fuzion (if any of you have the accelero s1 from your 8x/9x years it fits on here too for air cooling) and have a mix of copper sinks and the tower sinks i ripped off a dead evga nf4 board. pretty much if its something you can put a sink on without shorting the card do it and you should see a decent increase in clockability

guys i work at best buy and checked a lot of stores and no one has them anymore... all of socal shows 0 in stock.. sorry

I couldn't even find a BB that even ever carried a 4890 to begin with, let alone having one in stock on sale.

I snagged one for $125. Saw another for the $150 price and got greedy as I watched it for almost a week hoping it would come down to $125, too. But it finally sold at $150

Actually it was part of a complex calculation to justify a 2nd card and I just couldn't do the second card for more than $125. I've seen deals already where I could SLI (or add a Physx card) My 260 for close to $150 and nVidia has my preference.

Anyone seen any in the Minneapolis/St Paul area?

I guess I'm getting old and my mind is wondering. When I made my post above, I meant to add that in my quest to find a 2nd $125 card, I went to a total of 5 other Best Buys and only found one card. That one card lasted for about 5 days after I found it before someone else picked it up. And that was over a week ago.

I would say that this deal is likely dead by now except in the rarest of locations.

I don't know where that $84 4850 1gb deal from BB thread went, but I got one tonight finally. The 4890 was not around.

Back