Best Buy new remodeled stores

Old, new, or anywhere in between, bustbuy stores suk walllah nowadays, due to their current shitty layouts, their overwhelming focus on uber-high end stuff that few people want or can afford, and clueless teenager employees, IF you can find one, and even when you do, all they are interested in is selling you whatever overpriced crap that they have been told to push this week/month etc so the managers can get their bonuses... ok, rant over :)

I went into my local BB store a few weeks ago to grab an ethernet cable on my way to work (no wallyworld or targhetto nearby)..... I found the section where they were supposed to be, and out of the 25 or so brands/colors/lengths they had spots for, all but 3 were out of stock....

I needed about 15ft, but all they had in stock was ONE uber-cheapo pos 1ft, ONE 6ft, and 2 of the uber-expensive "premium" 100 ft. ones....and out the door I went while shakin my head :)

Then I remembered that there was an old, antiquated Gameslop store close to the office, and fortunately, they had a 15 ft. one in stock, which was still a tad overpriced, but better quality than what BB had.......

I have not and didn't realize they remodeled. I don't go because no one works their. Can't pickup or checkout without playing hide n' seek.

Havent been in one in years. I just go to microcenter. Best buy is too focused on phones and they are so annoying about it when you walk in. Maybe they arent that way now but after a few bad experiences that was enough for me. And considering it is 30mins from me, rather just order online and get it delivered.

Havent been in one in years. I just go to microcenter. Best buy is too focused on phones and they are so annoying about it when you walk in. Maybe they arent that way now but after a few bad experiences that was enough for me. And considering it is 30mins from me, rather just order online and get it delivered.

BestBuy's online store is actually pretty impressive. Prices are typically as good as amazon and I've ordered things after midnight and they delivered them before noon.

BestBuy's online store is actually pretty impressive. Prices are typically as good as amazon and I've ordered things after midnight and they delivered them before noon.
I have purchased a couple things there, was curbside so i technically still didnt step in one :p But agreed.

The only reason to go to a Best Buy is location and being able to walk out with something instead of waiting for shipping. With them closing stores they are not as convenient. With many items out of stock, there is no longer have a reason to shop there.

hfghdfdfddddd.png

I have purchased a couple things there, was curbside so i technically still didnt step in one :p But agreed.

I think they're the best store to buy peripherals from. They have 50% off deals once and a while, and exclusive or timed exclusive items for a lot of high end mice and keyboards. And somehow I always have a $5 or higher off code for past purchases so it ends up being cheaper than amazon.

I was at best buy in the long long ago with a friend who was looking for a desktop pc. He was looking at one and the guy was talking about its features and I asked if the video card was pci or agp and the best buy person turned the computer around and showed me the connector on the back of the tower and said "looks like just the standard kind". We left lol.

Really wish they were training their sales people back then, which was annoying cuz I used to use their tech department to test ram modules, which was an awesome free service they used to do cuz they had a hardware ram tester in house. So i know there were people in the building that knew what they were doing.

I was at best buy in the long long ago with a friend who was looking for a desktop pc. He was looking at one and the guy was talking about its features and I asked if the video card was pci or agp and the best buy person turned the computer around and showed me the connector on the back of the tower and said "looks like just the standard kind". We left lol.
This is one of, but not the only, reason I refer to them as BustBuy, hehehe :)

I believe the writing is on the wall for them if they don't get their sh*t together real soon, as they have been teetering towards the likes of Circuit City, JC Penney, Sears and other antiquated, outdated retail dinosaurs for quite a while now...their online store is probably the only thing keeping them afloat at this point IMHO..

I’ve had really good luck buying open box items there the last several years. Bought couple TV’s (high end and low end), bought a turntable recently. Bought receivers. Just gotta keep looking at various stores in you area. Stuff is always in great shape, so my working theory is all the jerk offs doing unboxing videos for views return the stuff unused and then it sits a while. Until someone like me grabs it for 25-50% off.

the only reason I would have to go there is if my router died and I needed a replacement right this very second and could not wait....
....and walmart has the same stuff sometimes cheaper with the added advantage of being much closer. Which is, by the way, where I went when my router died and I needed a replacement right that second. Then ordered the replacement and shelved the crappy netgear for future such emergencies removing the need to go to either place for that issue.

Been in one completed remodel and two mid-remodel.

Maybe it's the new layout, but it's harder to find stuff than it was before, and while I get the idea of showcases and design centers, it was done at the expense of everything else. Finding the simple things that you really ought to amazon, but need right away is all but impossible.

Back