Best Buy: 5850 $289 / 5870 $389 ----->beats newegg

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
This is good stuff. Who would of thought BB :cool:. Finally some realistic prices. I mean seriously, newegg has had the 5850s for like $369 and 5870s upwards of $419. It's insane.

5850 @ $289

5870 @ $389

If you value warranty and service I would say its decent not great. I have a Visiontek 4870x2 so I'm familiar with their service. If you look at their abysmal site you will see what I'm talking about.... rma horror stories.

You can't even contact them via phone about rma questions/status and everything is done through email.

If you value warranty and service I would say its decent not great. I have a Visiontek 4870x2 so I'm familiar with their service. If you look at their abysmal site you will see what I'm talking about.... rma horror stories.

You can't even contact them via phone about rma questions/status and everything is done through email.

I've heard horror stories from just about every tech company out there. Any ways, if you get a good card you'll be fine, they all come out of the same factory, and best buy has a good initial return policy...30 days is enough time to see if it's a bad card I'm sure.

It's like newegg, they'll get in stock, and sell out right away, just gotta keep watch.

I've heard horror stories from just about every tech company out there. Any ways, if you get a good card you'll be fine, they all come out of the same factory, and best buy has a good initial return policy...30 days is enough time to see if it's a bad card I'm sure.

indeed 31 days and more, you're SOL with Visiontek.

rumor/they got money

I would not buy a high end card from visiontek personally, the one card I sent in to be RMA'd ended up disapearing, and never received word one way or another about it. They never even responded to emails about it.

Bastards.

They are back. Take a look at their forums you can see some interesting stories about people having to RMA their RMA's lol. (bad replacement cards) Anyways pay the xtra for peace of mind. nuff said.

Meh, I've heard stories of people rmaing evga motherboards and cards 3 to 6 times, lolz. Same thing goes with Sapphire, bfg, xfx, etc. Stories like this are all over this place for every brand. Any ways, test the card when you get it, if it's bad, everyone has a best buy near them any way, so you won't have to pay to ship it back :p

I guess that's another page someone can load up in a firefox tab and then set to auto refresh. I am surprised at the price though. That may be the first time I've seen BB with a competitive price on an in demand gpu.

Back