Benq BL3200PT (32" 1440p)

i registered, paid and wanted to DL, but the PDF was like 4KB big, so the DL got messed up i guess. can't redownload though, site says "maximum number of DLs reached" or something. opened a ticket with the customer service.

When I did it it gets emailed to you as an attachment anyway along with the receipt

Wanted to check back in.

Heard from customer service about the PayPal issue. Something to do with security issues and they are working on it.

They offered me a complimentary copy of the review for the hassle so I wanted to make sure everyone knew about the excellent customer service from TFT Central.

I've got it too :)

Hmm looks like if i want bigger version of my own 2760HS it's the screen to get. Pity it shares input lag with 27" 1440p screens and not low lag typical for 1080p MVAs.

Wanted to check back in.

Heard from customer service about the PayPal issue. Something to do with security issues and they are working on it.

They offered me a complimentary copy of the review for the hassle so I wanted to make sure everyone knew about the excellent customer service from TFT Central.

seconded, they mailed me the PDF without any problems, i've yet to read it.

This is a good practice for releasing reviews. If it means, better and more thorough reviews, $1 is a small price to pay for convenience.

Hmm looks like if i want bigger version of my own 2760HS it's the screen to get. Pity it shares input lag with 27" 1440p screens and not low lag typical for 1080p MVAs.

I thought the lag was pretty typical for AMVA in general. It doesn't seem too bad for light gaming like RPGs. I'm judging off the Acer review I read: they seem like good screens. And one thing I honed in on: no glow/bleed, which is my experience across the board with the Sharp MVA panels (almost all of them) from the FG2421s I've tested. Curious about the degree of clouding across the panels but only testing multiple units would show. If they made a 120Hz version I would pay big money for it.

how bad this input lag is? Is it bad enough so you wouldn't be able to play COD or similar games?

I thought the lag was pretty typical for AMVA in general. It doesn't seem too bad for light gaming like RPGs. I'm judging off the Acer review I read: they seem like good screens. And one thing I honed in on: no glow/bleed, which is my experience across the board with the Sharp MVA panels (almost all of them) from the FG2421s I've tested. Curious about the degree of clouding across the panels but only testing multiple units would show. If they made a 120Hz version I would pay big money for it.

1080p panels have great input lag- what is not great is responce time in MVA

input_lag.jpg

And yeah MVA typically have superior uniformity and minimal problems with bleed and glow compared to IPS.

But anyone who wants to buy BL3200PT should get TFT central review and read it first as there are some problems.

@NCX, are you the Good of this forum ?
Please, do not answer anymore to my posts.
Thank you

I skimmed the review. I am definitely planning on making the purchase of it now. Not saying everything was perfect...but sounds like exactly what I want.

Main thing I am a little upset about is it isn't really semi-glossy. It sounds like the term semi-matte is more appropriate.

Newegg has these for 699, seems like a really good deal. I currently own one of the Overlord 27" 1440p, 120hz monitors and would definitely like a larger screen, even at 60hz.

I'm concerned about input lag though and would love to hear from anyone regarding game play, FPS mostly.

Thanks!

Payment of $1.00 is to read the review early ahead of its May 16 free release. A dollar is very little to pay for a review of a $699 to $799 dollar monitor. I paid for it even though I already had the monitor. Money well spent for the review and the monitor. For me anyway.

Payment of $1.00 is to read the review early ahead of its May 16 free release. A dollar is very little to pay for a review of a $699 to $799 dollar monitor. I paid for it even though I already had the monitor. Money well spent for the review and the monitor. For me anyway.
I don't have paypal and don't intend to. I'm not asking for their review, just someone's opinion of their own personal experience.

I don't have paypal and don't intend to. I'm not asking for their review, just someone's opinion of their own personal experience.

Well, I think the monitor is probably awesome...

My main concern would be the pixels per inch getting even lower than existing solutions out there. The users distance from the screen will make a big difference with this monitor.

Well, I think the monitor is probably awesome...

My main concern would be the pixels per inch getting even lower than existing solutions out there. The users distance from the screen will make a big difference with this monitor.

Same exact pixel size as a 24" 1080p screen and there is almost no way you will sit as close.

As a gamer who actually looks at the number of pixels my GTX 760 has to push...this monitor is perfect. I just wish it was pure glossy.

Same exact pixel size as a 24" 1080p screen and there is almost no way you will sit as close.

As a gamer who actually looks at the number of pixels my GTX 760 has to push...this monitor is perfect. I just wish it was pure glossy.

Ok. I guess I was taking about myself.

I have a 30" 16:10. If I went to this BenQ the pixels per inch is less, which is what I was referring to. Obviously it's different for everyone depending upon what you're coming from.

Ok. I guess I was taking about myself.

I have a 30" 16:10. If I went to this BenQ the pixels per inch is less, which is what I was referring to. Obviously it's different for everyone depending upon what you're coming from.

I use a 27" 1440p. I just want a bigger screen. :D

Also, this screen is $400+ cheaper than the most of the 30" 16:10 monitors.

I hardly ever play FPS games and spend most of my time in RPGs. Games like EVE with scalable UI will benefit me greatly with the increased real estate.

I use a 27" 1440p. I just want a bigger screen. :D

Also, this screen is $400+ cheaper than the most of the 30" 16:10 monitors.

I hardly ever play FPS games and spend most of my time in RPGs. Games like EVE with scalable UI will benefit me greatly with the increased real estate.

Yeah, I just want a bigger screen as well. I don't know how far back I would sit, but currently I sit just as close to my 27" as I would a 24", so I'm not sure if this would change.

EVE and RPGs would be awesome with this. FPS, I'm not sure, but I have a 780ti, so this should be enough to drive it, but input lag is my main concern with all those IO connections.

It would be great if it could go up to 90hz, even 75 would be nice. If I get it I may try this. Newegg deal looks great at the moment...699. If the monitor becomes really popular, the price may move up.

Yeah, I just want a bigger screen as well. I don't know how far back I would sit, but currently I sit just as close to my 27" as I would a 24", so I'm not sure if this would change.

EVE and RPGs would be awesome with this. FPS, I'm not sure, but I have a 780ti, so this should be enough to drive it, but input lag is my main concern with all those IO connections.

It would be great if it could go up to 90hz, even 75 would be nice. If I get it I may try this. Newegg deal looks great at the moment...699. If the monitor becomes really popular, the price may move up.

75hz would be more than enough. Gaming aside, my biggest problem with most of these monitors is that they are locked at 60hz, which makes watching 23.976fps content (which is MOST of the content) jaggy and annoying.
A simple bump to 75hz would completely solve the problem. :D

I skimmed the review. I am definitely planning on making the purchase of it now. Not saying everything was perfect...but sounds like exactly what I want.

Main thing I am a little upset about is it isn't really semi-glossy. It sounds like the term semi-matte is more appropriate.

Confirmed to be semi-glossy by PC Monitors.
Maybe try reading the threads you post in for once, and stop making silly claims based off of obviously over exposed back-light pictures.
Both of these panels use semi-glossy coatings but the Surface is referred to as Antiglare, Hard coating (3H)

So it is hard coating after all?

So it is hard coating after all?

The review describes it as being a very light AG with no graininess. I would prefer pure glossy, but I think this is still the monitor that fits best with what I want.

Grain free matte=what [H] and most reviewers have been referring to as semi-glossy for the past 3 years...

75hz would be more than enough.

Does not compute. 72/3=24. This monitor probably drops frames when over-clocked like every single other multi-input 1440p monitor.

75hz would be more than enough. Gaming aside, my biggest problem with most of these monitors is that they are locked at 60hz, which makes watching 23.976fps content (which is MOST of the content) jaggy and annoying.
A simple bump to 75hz would completely solve the problem. :D

LCD doesn't work like that. The display is continuous. There is no flicker or need for synchronization. The refresh rate is just the number of "updates". Each pixel stays on and changes colour separately. The imperfect response times completely blurs out the effects of 3:2 pulldown.

CRT and plasma flicker as the phosphors turn on and off hence they need to be in sync.
Typically watching 23.976hz @ 60hz videos results in a frame repeated every 41.67 seconds.

I paid for it even though I already had the monitor.

I have read the review too and would love to know what your experience has been like with the monitor compared to what TFT Central had to say.

Thanks in advance :cool:

LCD doesn't work like that. The display is continuous. There is no flicker or need for synchronization. The refresh rate is just the number of "updates". Each pixel stays on and changes colour separately. The imperfect response times completely blurs out the effects of 3:2 pulldown.

CRT and plasma flicker as the phosphors turn on and off hence they need to be in sync.
Typically watching 23.976hz @ 60hz videos results in a frame repeated every 41.67 seconds.

Nope, I can definitely see it.
And when I put my LCD at 50hz and speedup the content to 25fps with ReClock playback is perfectly smooth.
Sadly 50hz is not usable for normal office use. 75hz would be the perfect balance.

Does not compute. 72/3=24. This monitor probably drops frames when over-clocked like every single other multi-input 1440p monitor.
I speedup content to 25fps with ReClock, so it's 75/3=25, and perfectly smooth. :D

I have read the review too and would love to know what your experience has been like with the monitor compared to what TFT Central had to say.

Thanks in advance :cool:

The review is very accurate. The image quality is great. No pixel issues whatsoever. There is no back light bleed at all. Blacks are just that, very black. Sitting half a meter away everything is clear and sharp. Text is very sharp and more easily readable due to the slight increase in pixel size compared to my AOC Q2770. I am not a professional gamer but I did play some Half Life 2 and Bioshock and didn't notice any problems with lag, ghosting or overshoot. Then again I'm over 50 and wear eyeglasses so I see ghosting when my wife walks by. Compared to any of the monitors I've owned over the years including a U3011, 2713HM, Q2770PQU, PB278Q, EV2736W and NEC272W this unit is very enjoyable to use. I tried the recommended adjustments to gamma and brightness from the TftCentral review and they helped greatly compared to the out of the box settings. If you sit very close to the monitor, <1M or so there is very little VA glow in the corners but it is far better than any of the ips or pls monitors I have owned including the Eizo. That is to be expected with a 32" when sitting too close even for a VA panel. Bottom line, I really like this monitor. Virtually no glow, no bleed, great color and sharpness make it a great all around monitor for me. Well worth the $699 I paid. It is now my main monitor and the AOC Q2770 is now my spare.

could you please post some pictures with a 27" alongside the 32"? i'm very interested in this screen

Well. I just saw this display in person at my friends house.

Was totally wrong about ppi.

Very comfortable to look at and the pixels seem just about the "right size" actually.
Beautiful monitor and nice and big.

If my Korean 30" dies on me I might get one of these to hold me over until 4k gets figured out and prices come down.

@Feklar, could you make some pictures, please ?
How is the picture quality ? Colors ? brightness / contrast ?

The review is very accurate. The image quality is great. No pixel issues whatsoever. There is no back light bleed at all. Blacks are just that, very black. Sitting half a meter away everything is clear and sharp. Text is very sharp and more easily readable due to the slight increase in pixel size compared to my AOC Q2770. I am not a professional gamer but I did play some Half Life 2 and Bioshock and didn't notice any problems with lag, ghosting or overshoot. Then again I'm over 50 and wear eyeglasses so I see ghosting when my wife walks by. Compared to any of the monitors I've owned over the years including a U3011, 2713HM, Q2770PQU, PB278Q, EV2736W and NEC272W this unit is very enjoyable to use. I tried the recommended adjustments to gamma and brightness from the TftCentral review and they helped greatly compared to the out of the box settings. If you sit very close to the monitor, <1M or so there is very little VA glow in the corners but it is far better than any of the ips or pls monitors I have owned including the Eizo. That is to be expected with a 32" when sitting too close even for a VA panel. Bottom line, I really like this monitor. Virtually no glow, no bleed, great color and sharpness make it a great all around monitor for me. Well worth the $699 I paid. It is now my main monitor and the AOC Q2770 is now my spare.

Holy shit. So you've owned pretty much every common high dollar 1440p display out there and you kept the AOC. I like this and it has the ring of truth. I was floored by the AOC (but then I came back to the reality of being a gamer with a 60Hz display).

What's more important here is this guy prefers his new BL3200PT to the AOC Q2770PQU. That's a serious recommendation.

Back