Battlefield 3 Open Beta

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Battlefield 3 Open Beta started today and is available to everyone on the PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. Hit the link above and head on over to find out how to download the open beta.

Starting today, we are happy to invite all players to the Battlefield 3 Open Beta! You can find the download instructions for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC below. For PlayStation 3 users in North America, expect the Open Beta to be downloadable later today, once Sony completes their weekly update.

It keeps saying I do not meet the requirements to download the game....my computer from a hardware perspective is more than optimal to play the game....

Just a heads up on the BEta, You CANNOT change your mouse buttons at all. They do not allow you to change em beta, and there comment was it would be fixed in retail.

Great huh?

Just a heads up on the BEta, You CANNOT change your mouse buttons at all. They do not allow you to change em beta, and there comment was it would be fixed in retail.

Great huh?
Allow us to mourn your loss.

Damn, my MSI laptop with 570m can't play BF3 beta....i cannot install nvidia beta driver because it is not yet compatible. Gotta wait until i get home..sucks.

I got early access two days ago for preordering... I went to the beta forums to try to report a few things but was surprised by the tidal wave of morons posting there.

Top complaints:
1) Why can't I change my mouse buttons
2) Your map is buggy
3) This game sucks, it only has one map

If I worked at DICE I'd basically just want to deliberately ban any of those people from ever playing my game again...

FWIW - I play both CoD and BF games... I think bf3 is pretty amazing. I suspect it will be like BC2 where upon release there are bugs and probably basic UI/server browser issues, but they'll patch it 4 times in the first month and it will work fine. (Not that I endorse that kind of thing by devs... but that seems to be reality these days.)

It is kinda shitty, Been using my control Scheme for 15+ years, not about to change it now.

I know ALOT of people will be unhappy with it

Im sure all 4 people that have refused to get with the times will be devastated.

They said it would be fixed in retail whats the big deal anyway? Its a BETA...

Do you still have to use Origin and agree to the "we can scan your whole hard drive" EULA?

Anyway to force install nvidia beta driver? Y is 570m not compatible while every other 500m series are????

I would say the biggest problems right now are with Operation Metro (buggy map for now, I love the going into the subway though, it's an awesome change of pace) and control settings. Battlelog works pretty flawlessly and the game runs great for the most part, especially if you get to play Caspian Border.

After playing Caspian Border though I can say that this game is fucking amazing. Game of the fucking year.

I downloaded it during the early access but haven't had a chance to play it yet, I'm looking forward to seeing what, if anything, has changed since the alpha.

was playing and it caused a bluescreen that wass awsome havent had that happen in years.

Just tried this on the Xbox. Graphics were pretty rubbish, MW2 looks better. Good game though, but I couldnt help feeling a bit disappointed. Installing it on the PC now, my enthusiasm has perked up again.

I just tried it on my PC. Works pretty good. I was able to play at Ultra settings (minus AA or Vsync), and it ran pretty well. Well enough for me at least. Hopefully some more tweaking on their end and some additional updated, optimized drivers will boost performance even more.

Downloaded origin , installed it via origin ... installing ...ready to launch. Wooooo!!!

Cannot reach verification server....hey ??? retry a few time same problem.

Reboot pc..... retry , There is a problem with your game setup. Please reinstall your game ....

4gb download yeahhhhhhhhhh gj digital distribution!

Just tried this on the Xbox. Graphics were pretty rubbish, MW2 looks better. Good game though, but I couldnt help feeling a bit disappointed. Installing it on the PC now, my enthusiasm has perked up again.

This is what scares me, I have it pre ordered for the XBOX. And I have the demo on my PC and I can say from having BC2 on both platforms that the PC is far and away better and I'm not sure I want to spend a buck twenty on 2 copies again.

This is what scares me, I have it pre ordered for the XBOX. And I have the demo on my PC and I can say from having BC2 on both platforms that the PC is far and away better and I'm not sure I want to spend a buck twenty on 2 copies again.

Then why not just buy it on PC and forget about it on the Xbox- Cancel that pre-order and you're set.

Played it for a few hours this afternoon.

There are some bugs to be worked out. Once spawned under some structure and had to suicide out and respawn. Only once though. There are a few spots when you move while prone, you are a little below the geometry. But things seem fine for the most of it.

While I was expecting decent performance on my rig, I have been very suprised about how well it runs. I have a 2 year old i7 processor and a 580GTX. I turned up everything to Ultra and haven't seen any performance issues at all. My friend has a Core2 Duo (3Ghz) and a 470GTX, and he took the default settings. The first option was Ultra, with the rest at High. He tells me the game looks fantastic at those settings and he was shocked at how smooth things were running.

I can't wait until they open up more maps. I'm itching to jump in Caspian Border.

It keeps saying I do not meet the requirements to download the game....my computer from a hardware perspective is more than optimal to play the game....

I think minimum you need 1GB of vram on your videocard. Your sig shows a 512mb card. That could be the problem.

Mine's downloaded and ready to go for when I'm done with work. It ran great during the alpha and I was bummed when that ended. So looking forward to see how Ultra runs, along with the new map. :D

got it all downloaded and it won't run. When I try to join a server with open slots it just sits and does nothing, I opened task manager to see if it was running and bf3.exe only shows up for a second when I first launch the game then dies.

4 people that don't use default mouse buttons? Hardly, I bet it's more like 25% of us. Get with the times you say? What times are talking about? Is button config old school or something?
I was looking forward to the beta, but this is a deal breaker for MANY of us. Indeed, it is a beta and I'm sure it will be fixed in time for the release(which I'm absolutely stoked for), but in the mean time, this is pretty disappointing. What is so hard about that to understand? From your post below you'd think you were personally insulted over some one else's disappointment.

Im sure all 4 people that have refused to get with the times will be devastated.

They said it would be fixed in retail whats the big deal anyway? Its a BETA...

Holy shit Origin is fucking junk!

I gotta figure out what ports need to be opened up to download the content...

No problems with steam EVER!!!

This is retarded.

[RIP]Zeus;1037814242 said:

This is retarded.

Do you have UPNP enabled, bro?

[RIP]Zeus;1037814242 said:

This is retarded.

Steam was super shitty when it came out as well. We all hated it when we had to switch to it to play CS. If I'm going to be forced to use Origin hopefully it will get a lot better, real soon.

LOL

This doesn't get any better hahahah...

15:31:16 Suspicious TCP state TCP x.x.x.x : 55659
→ 159.153.235.32 : 9988
[ACK FIN] len=40 ttl=127 tos=0x00 srcmac=f4:6d:4:5b:fe:d2 dstmac=0:d:60:d4:9d:30

I think minimum you need 1GB of vram on your videocard. Your sig shows a 512mb card. That could be the problem.

I havent updated my sig in a while.

I know have a:
Core i5
Diamond 6870 with a gig of VRAM
8 gigs of memory

Tells me to install Origin.

The problem is that the internet over here is very slow. So i'll end up running the desktop for 2 days (And i'm not sure if it'll support download resumes). I was hoping there would be an exe i can put in the download manager on my file server, and then install it on the main rig afterwards.

I've had quite a few instances of maboblivions case. So i'd really prefer a standalone installer.

Back