Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, can you imagine taking down the E.Tower with the new engine!? That would be freaking awesome!

Dude, can you imagine taking down the E.Tower with the new engine!? That would be freaking awesome!

yes according to the game's story thats what the iranians wanted. thats my guess. How is your main character gonna trot the globe? Like COD, you play more than one!

yes according to the game's story thats what the iranians wanted. thats my guess. How is your main character gonna trot the globe? Like COD, you play more than one!

No offense but you're just a crazy person, are you?

Screenshots look amazing...hopefully my 5870 2GB CF system will be able to handle it with all the eyecandy.

The GDC announcement was supposed to be today! I almost forgot. Anybody have some insider information?? Haven't been able to find new juicy details on the interwebs yet.

Last edited:
The GDC announcement was supposed to be today! I almost forgot. Anybody have some insider information?? Haven't been able to find new juicy details on the interwebs yet.

Yeahhhh I'm shocked there hasn't been any front page news on any gaming sites about the unveil. I'm rather disappointed to say the least.

New screens from a German mag.

http://bf3blog.com/2011/02/more-battlefield-3-screenshots-emerge/

92344095.jpg

I want them to release the recommended specs already! I want to know minimums and all that. I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of upgrades for this game.

twitter.com/RollieThePollie: "BF3 goodness will be available at 8 am Sweden time (GMT+1) on Battlefield.com!"

RollieThePollie is a video editor for DICE. You might recognize his name from the DVD cover of BFBC2.
8 am Sweden time is apparently 2:00 AM EST.

Now this is news :cool:

Anyone sneak a Flip or iPhone video??! A part of me just can't wait that long lol.

Looking at those pictures.. how are they firing the guns.. at all?

Am I missing something?

One of the devs said it was going to be a few seconds of 360 gameplay. I kid!!

Looking at those pictures.. how are they firing the guns.. at all?

Am I missing something?

hehe, I see what you mean, Shot 3 the rifle has no rear sights at all (though doesnt mean it can't be shot lol) and in the other shot of a guy firing the SAW, his finger isnt on the trigger, its more like his index and middle finger are over the side of the trigger as you would if you weren't intending to shoot...strange.

A second closer look at the first shot shows that both M16s don't have any kind of rear sighting on them, though the guy on the far left DOES have proper hand and finger placement for proper discharge....wonder if we are seeing some sort of mutliplayer beginnings where you have to unlock sights....or be able to fire without sights....

Damn they did an awesome job on the gear....I can recall having every piece of gear thats shown...its kinda creepy actually...

I think something has been updated. "Fault line series epidsode 1: bad part of town" gonna go watch.. [at battlefield.com of course]

Part 2 on March 16th. Appears to be the 'full' vid that the previous gameplay snips came from. And yes, it is bad ass.

Seeing WASD pop up put a tear in my eye. This is going to be awesome.

And the graphics look sick as hell.

Last edited:
wow, that looks fantastic. great lighting and their animations are blending really nicely as well from cycle to cycle. i'm really looking forward to this

hehe, I see what you mean, Shot 3 the rifle has no rear sights at all (though doesnt mean it can't be shot lol) and in the other shot of a guy firing the SAW, his finger isnt on the trigger, its more like his index and middle finger are over the side of the trigger as you would if you weren't intending to shoot...strange.

A second closer look at the first shot shows that both M16s don't have any kind of rear sighting on them, though the guy on the far left DOES have proper hand and finger placement for proper discharge....wonder if we are seeing some sort of mutliplayer beginnings where you have to unlock sights....or be able to fire without sights....

Haha, yeah. I'm pretty sure that wasn't done on purpose though..

holy shit, the visuals, sound and animation are amazing, makes crysis 2 look like shit. If this game doesnt sell well and beat COD I will lose faith in the humanity.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

ZZZZZZOOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Total fucking awesomeness and full on pwnage!!

Ill buy 5 copies of this game.... just to help support the awesomeness that is DICE. HAIL!

Lol, I can now justify ANY price to fully upgrade my system to handle this game at 60 FPS at max everything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back