Bad Company 2 - MP and Map discussion thread

davidlem

Gawd
So let's hear it. No need to gum up the 0-day release thread with actual gameplay discussions. Try to keep the chat about technical glitches/disconnects to a minimum and focus on MP maps and gameplay.

I, for one, and disappointed in the lack of air support vehicles on MP maps. What happened to A10s and SUs dogfighting and making bombing runs?

So let's hear it. No need to gum up the 0-day release thread with actual gameplay discussions. Try to keep the chat about technical glitches/disconnects to a minimum and focus on MP maps and gameplay.

I, for one, and disappointed in the lack of air support vehicles on MP maps. What happened to A10s and SUs dogfighting and making bombing runs?

Bad Company 1 did not have A10's or SU's? I like it, more focus on vehicle/infantry combat. I think if BC had planes, it'd feel too much like Battlefield 2.

I would say that is what the helicopters are for :)

I really enjoyed the multiplayer while I was able to play (ea issues). The squad gameplay is awesome and IMPORTANT if you want to win. My favorite part so far is the fact that rambo's are not rewarded in this game, and to get to the top of the scoreboard, you need to be a team player!

Bad Company 1 did not have A10's or SU's? I like it, more focus on vehicle/infantry combat. I think if BC had planes, it'd feel too much like Battlefield 2.

But that's what I like most about the BF series. I played 1942 w/ DC mod and BF2 well beyond their 'cool' dates and loved them. If I wanted primarily infantry warfare and ranking up to get 31337 weapons I would just play Modern Warfare.

Or Combat Arms, which is free and regularly updated. If you can deal with the hackers....

But that's what I like most about the BF series. I played 1942 w/ DC mod and BF2 well beyond their 'cool' dates and loved them. If I wanted primarily infantry warfare and ranking up to get 31337 weapons I would just play Modern Warfare.

Or Combat Arms, which is free and regularly updated. If you can deal with the hackers....

Then play BF2, or wait for BF3. Bad Company is a different type of gameplay than THE battlefield series. I loved 1942. Was okay with BF2. They are just a different subset.

Then play BF2, or wait for BF3. Bad Company is a different type of gameplay than THE battlefield series.

You're right, I guess I'm just being sentimental LOL

But it is a good game. The chat system isn't great. You can't chat while waiting to spawn or immediately after a round which is annoying.

The squad play feels similar to BF2 - sometimes people play together but mostly they don't, besides using each other as roaming spawn points.

I started playing Armed Assault 2 a few months ago and that's a totally different level of squad-based sim gaming.

Im loving the destruction in this game. When you finally damage a building enough to collapse it, and you can here it moan and creak and your character tells you to get out, very awsome lol. Taking out 4-5 enemies as well is just icing on the cake lol.

Had a fun moment with blowing stuff up to, was on my engi, playign rush as an attacker. Just killed a guy and noticed another enemy in a shed aiming at me, I started firing but clip was empty, I panacked and ripped out my RPG and fired it. The shed exploded into 100 pieces and him with it. Was epic looking lol.

Im also really liking how well the bushes work for cover. In a hardcore server as a sniper if you find the right bush to hide in you become very hard to kill, im so sick of games where bushes are just more decoration, and hiding in them does nothing for you. I managed to get a 15:0 game last ngiht on my sniper just hiding in a bush near there main base, sniping those who were far away, and running out and knifing people who stopped close enough to me lol. Even ran out and managed to c4 a tank without a single person seeing me lol.

Last edited:
For some reason, "play now" with some of the maps just results in a disconnect...anyone else get this?

Did they fix anything from the Beta? That will be the selling point. It felt sluggish and the FOV was shit. Is it still that way or did they clean it up?

Did they fix anything from the Beta? That will be the selling point. It felt sluggish and the FOV was shit. Is it still that way or did they clean it up?

you can adjust the fov now. They put it in the settings.ini, you can set your fov to what you want, not as good as an in-game opion but atleast we can do it.

Will need to try out the fov setting when I get home, and coming from someone that played beta, the game is so much more smoother and stable, easier to kill people. using the same settings as beta and it feels like im getting 10-15+fps

That's probably so you can't be sitting there spotting for your squad when you don't even have soldier in the game.

You're right, and I fully understand that, but between map loads is the best time to chat...nothing is going on and network use is low. Between spawns should at least allow All-Chat so everyone can see it, not just your squad/team.

On topic:

I love the Rush gameplay mode. I think I'll wait and play conquest with BF3 because Rush is just so damn much fun. Africa Harbor ftw. I HATE vailparoso or however you spell it, so claustrophobic. Granted, I prefer recon class so I am slightly biased towards the huge LOS in Africa Harbor.

I am loving the rush gameplay mode, alot more fun than conquest for me. My current favorite map is the night snow level, so much more sneaky like.

Conquest brings back a lot of old BF memories, I haven't tried Rush yet. I'll have to give that a try tonight. I really want to unlock the semi-auto sniper rifle next!

I raelly do think the pacing of BC2 just lends itself better to the Rush gameplay type.

Question about Rush mode:

When the attackers capture the first set of "A & B" in a map (did not end the game, merely pushed the defenders back), do their tickets go back up to 100?

I raelly do think the pacing of BC2 just lends itself better to the Rush gameplay type.

This is my feelings as well.

Being able to work well as a squad in RUSH mode is a very rewarding experience. I am still trying to stay alive longer then 2-3 minutes. i find that after a certain point i either A) run out of ammo. B) die from numerous fire fights, or C) run into another full squad and get cut to shreds.

either way, at this point Rush>Conquest.

Does anyone else not like the russian chopper HUD? it fucking sucks compared to the AH-64. the russian chopper washes out and and makes thing hard to see.

Does anyone else not like the russian chopper HUD? it fucking sucks compared to the AH-64. the russian chopper washes out and and makes thing hard to see.

You can turn off the bloom effect (It really is blinding, rendering some russian vehicles useless). Go into your settings.ini file (MyDocs -> BFBC2 -> settings.ini) and change "Bloom=true" to "Bloom=false".

This is also how you change your Field of view (FOV). Just remember, the number listed for the FOV is the vertical FOV, not the Horizontal FOV (which is really what you want to adjust). Go here to find the right number to put in (ex. My res is 1920x1080 and i want a 90 degree horziontal FOV, i need to set the systems.ini FOV # to 59..)

Hope this helps :)

Just curious what PC players think of "Africa Harbor" in Rush mode. This map was in the PS3 beta, so until now (game release), PC and 360 players have not played it.

Overall, I think the map is amazing and will probably end up as one of the best in the game.

Particularly though, seciton 2, 3, and 4 have provided me with some of the best multiplayer gaming I've ever had. The bridge in this map is an especially effective setpiece.

well i got a few bugs worked out. ive only see 3 of the maps so far. everytime i join a game im on one of the three maps. cant seem to see the other ones yet. one thing that killed other bf games was to many aircraft. i was always bombed to shit. no fun in that. its nice they toned it down. i love the blowing up buildings and shitl. i havent tried the uav yet the console is always blown up.

Flying the UAV takes a little tact. If you put it up in the air and start firing down on the enemy it will only last about 10 seconds before they shoot it down.

Anyone want to share their UAV tactics?

Fly behind the enemy lines and then rain fire! That way when they die they see the UAV, but when they respawn they look toward your spawn and do not see you so they assume the UAV has been shot down.

Also, lawn mower attack snipers. Hover behind the sniper about a foot off the ground. Fly at sniper, enjoy a reward.

Fly behind the enemy lines and then rain fire! That way when they die they see the UAV, but when they respawn they look toward your spawn and do not see you so they assume the UAV has been shot down.

Also, lawn mower attack snipers. Hover behind the sniper about a foot off the ground. Fly at sniper, enjoy a reward.

HAHAHAH I've got to try that in-game!

Anyone good at piloting the Helicopters (and uav)? Mind sharing some tactics?

When Im flying the chopper I try to stay either really high in the air and come down to release havoc, or I stay really really low to the ground and have my gunner mow down enemies. Either way when I hear *beep beep beep* I immediatlety fly straight up or down.

I love jetskis in this game though they are so fun to drive on land and mow down enemies

Last edited:
Engies rocket launcher, at mines, recons c4's, other tanks, helicopters, stationary rocket launcher thing, stealing it when the driver goes to repair, using another vehicle as a c4 bomb and run it into enemy vehicle, nade launcher spam w/ ammo packs close by, UAV missles, using the minigun in the blackhawk, the list goes on....... lol

Played the Beta, everything was fine and dandy and ran like a dream.

Play the retail version, can't connect to any servers - even ones showing 1/32 say "server is full". WHAT

Singleplayer was great, though, at least.

Africa Harbor in Rush mode is without a doubt, my favourite experience in this game. Isla Inocentes is a close second. The surrounded starting island is just such an epic feeling with enemies crawling up it from all angles.

I agree. I wasn't so into the idea when I first started playing it but now I think its great. I love how it keeps the fighting focused. Conquest is also great but it has more of a tendency to turn into "musical chairs" with the teams. Rush is just fight fight fight, really fun.

Whats the best way to take out a tank?

Rockets and C4 are generally the go to ways. If using rockets, try to hit the tank in the rear. Also if you are quick, you can get a rocket underneath a tank as it comes up and over a rise in the terrain. This is an instant kill.

You can also "take apart" enemy vehicles with the repair tool. though you need to be careful if they start to move around.

don't forget to place the Anti-tank mines. Those mean an instant kill. the stationary rockets are also really powerful so you don't need to worry as much about shot placement.

Rolled up on the enemy spawn last night in Africa Harbor with 5 tanks last night (stole some of theirs) and spawn killed them until the round ended. Note that this is very hard to do because they can't have any points or have any squads out or else they can spawn in other places. It was enjoyable to say the least. Will have my UMP45 in about 6000 points.

Back