Awesome Amazon Shipment of the Day

Not always. I got a hard drive packed like a VHS tape, inside form-fitting cardboard. Here's a pic I took after I opened it. It contained the HDD and the packing slip (underneath it). That was it.

100_1128s.jpg

must've been an affiliate. :p

One word, cost savings. It's cheaper to have "standard" boxes that can fit a huge array of items. Most likely, they may not have had one smaller on hand. Their contract with the carriers is probably set up so that it doesn't matter what size, just weight because of the pure scale of their shipments. I highly doubt Amazon pays anything close to what the consumer pays to ship items.

They have boxes in the size of a big hardback. These will probably be treated better too, ie. not crushed too much.

must've been an affiliate. :p

That's the packaging amazon uses for dvd sized items. Or books. Poor hdd is damaged.

Who the hell orders a pack of sharpies from Amazon? Looks like someone was fishing for something to complain about. I mean the packaging is unacceptable, but so is ordering a little box of sharpies from a few states away

It's probably cheaper. Store prices for things are stupid, if the cost of a pack+shipping (or if you have prime so it's free) is lower than you pay locally, and don't need it that day, why not? :p

Back