Attempted login

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokennails

2[H]4U
Just received a 2 step auth code when I never tried logging in. Just changed password, again. Always use my iPhone to generate a password so not sure how someone was able to attempt login unless it will still send an auth code even if password is wrong?

The most recent exposure we have been able to identify is EVGA forum users, that use the same password here.

That said 2FA did its job. Changing your password should fix your issue. If not, I would suggest you have an issue elsewhere.

RoldanLT

Two-step verification will reset every 30 days, so after 30 days, when you visit the forum, it will send you a new code automatically (assuming your two-step verification is via email).

I know. I never visited the forum today. I did after receiving the email for two factor.

FrgMstr:
How would someone get a password that I only use for [H]ard and is only stored on my iPhone and created by my iPhone so pretty in depth? Don’t currently have a pc either.

FrgMstr:
How would someone get a password that I only use for [H]ard and is only stored on my iPhone and created by my iPhone so pretty in depth? Don’t currently have a pc either.
Scenario 1: The password was somehow comprised on your end.
Scenario 2: HardForum encrypted database compromised and decrypted without our knowledge, and the only account they are after is yours.

Take your pick.

RoldanLT

I know. I never visited the forum today. I did after receiving the email for two factor.
We log every user's IP, and only ONE IP has logged in to your account today, and that is from Cable One ISP.
So no one else is accessing your forum account, unless the bad actor also shared an IP with you, which I doubt.

I think you have HF on some inactive browser tab open without you noticing or something similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back