ATT phone with good audio quality on line out

thekipper

Limp Gawd
hi,
I have att service on my work provided nokia 920 but wow, the audio/sound quality sucks in the car when compared to my ipod classic 160gb. It's flat as a pancake actually, with no depth, etc and storage is limited to 32gb on board.

Are there any decent sound att phone (Windows phone preferably but not essential) with more/expandable storage that will sync with itunes/media monkey including playlists and sound good? I use itunes but will happily install and use media monkey if that is better.

Or am i better off just buying a 64gb touch to keep in the car as that's really the need? I dread the day when the ipod classic quits since they discontinued them.

Thanks!

I would check into the HTC One M8, which you can get with either Android or WP. Audio quality on it was above everyone else in the reviews where I saw it compared. Though I don't remember the details of it, you're free to Google it to see if it sounds good to you. It has expandable storage (up to 128GB SD card) + 32GB internal. I'm not sure about using iTunes or Media Monkey on it though, as I have never used either of those services. I do know that there's an Android app called Double Twist on Android that allows you to sync iTunes playlists and stuff with your phone, so I assume Media Monkey does something similar on WP..?

For what it's worth, this is why I don't buy into any digital store's music purchasing system. I'd rather pay for something like Google's All Access or Spotify and stream whatever I like without needing to manage playlists or trying to get music to sync on different devices. But then again, I'm not an audiophile where I need everything in FLAC to play on my car speakers that probably won't benefit much from it anyways and I'm never away from a data connection.

hi and thanks for the responses, some additional info:

1. these are my own cd rips done at 320 or Amazon mp3 purchases, both being DRM free.

2. I listen a lot and my 2gb work data plan probably won't suffice with the amount of wiresless data I would need. Thus I carry the ipod.

3. I can use whatever to manage the music, certainly not locked to itunes as everything is mp3.

4. I may have had an eq setting applied on the ipod but man, it sure makes a difference compared to not having one on the nokia 920 via xbox music or whatever they call it:) I just repurchased the AC/DC remasters and they sound like a tin can on the phone compared to a really nice soundstage on the ipod.

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Back