Asus Zenbook Prime UX32VD - storage

trypt

Weaksauce
I'm really thinking about buying the UX32VD (http://www.asus.com/Notebooks/Superior_Mobility/ASUS_ZENBOOK_UX32VD/)

Does anyone know if the HDD can be removed so I could input my own SSD?

I already have an SSD so I'd like to save some money on an ultrabook with a HDD. Unfortunately many companies are now going to sealed chassis, fixed SSD, & fixed RAM.

The Acer S5 might have replaceable storage but I want a 900p screen or higher.

Alternative choice is between Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A 13.3" 1600x900 4GB RAM 128GB SSD

and

Vizio Thin and Light 14" 1600x900 4GB RAM 128GB SSD

The Vizio screen might be better, I believe it's IPS whereas only the 1080p screen is IPS for the Zenbook Prime.

However the Zenbook Prime is 2.87lbs instead of the Vizio's 3.39lbs, sacrificing 0.7" screen size to be 8oz lighter.

The UX31A also has an SD Card reader, which the Vizio lacks.

Where did you find the 7mm dimensions?

Also how do you know the HDD isn't soldered to the board or something silly?

Thank you for posting this! I will be waiting for this model. Plus dedicated Kepler 620 card, and a 1080p ips panel. Thank you asus!

it does have an SSD,24GB for OS booting only though :/
Its just Intel's caching system. I am okay with that as I would replace it with a true SSD down the line. But I am not paying that much for that Asus period.

newegg is usually like several days late on these things... it took them a good 3 days to get the new mac pros with retina display after release (yes, i was counting lol)

Back