Asus RMA experience

martinje

[H]ard|Gawd
Guys I want to share the RMA experience I have had with Asus so far. I read lots of positive feedback on Asus RMA experience on this forum so I want to share mine. Now I have bought lots of Asus products this is the first actual RMA I have done.

Asus Formula Rampage III is the product (6 months old / 5 months of actual use)

2/22
I call on Tuesday now that I verified it's the board. (bought a new I7-950 to make sure it was not the CPU)

Before calling I spent time filling out this webform and create my case, which includes serial number, and my information for EASY smooth transaction.

The technician had me do some things and verified everything was dissconected from the board see if we could get it to post. After some troubleshooting she agreed it was the board. Now she says can take UP to 24 hours to check inventory before they can send a replacement. I said thats silly

2/23

No email ever came in, no one ever called me so here I go again and give them the second call.

Tell them all the information over again, give them my CASE # and he puts me on hold. He has me on hold for a good 20 minutes. He comes back and tells me he will email me TONIGHT with an update GURANTEEED.

2/24

This morning I have heard nothing from them and as of now still waiting.

So far I am not impress with Asus RMA service when it comes to their components division. Now this is the first time I am dealing with them because I have not had issues with them before.

Next time I build a new rig, I dont think I will stick with Asus, their premium price for their parts are ok if they provide with premium service. So far the service I have received is equivelant to BIOSTAR which I dealt with them about 2 years ago. They had my paperwork the following day and in 5 days I had the replecement board. So far Biostar has had better service and their boards you can buy without the PREMIUM price.

Thats My experience and will keep you all posted.

You're just being incredibly impatient and likely attempting to take advantage of the Asus reps that you know read this board.

It takes more than 24 hours to get a board in, test it, and ship out a new one.

You're just being incredibly impatient and likely attempting to take advantage of the Asus reps that you know read this board.

It takes more than 24 hours to get a board in, test it, and ship out a new one.

Thats odd because everytime I call they have NO idea where this "Status of replacement board is at" If after 24 hours I would have received something as the first rep stated, I would have said they are working on it, waiting 72 hours with no email from anyone, is not being impatient. Specially when I followed their direction getting everything ready.

Update 3 2/24

Just got off the phone again with them AGAIN

Guess what the rep said

"I see the request but they are no real notes on this account, hmm we just open a new service request center in Mexico and I am wondering if you have been dealing with them" I said I have no idea, but what I do know is I started this process on Tueday, and have received no type of information from you all.

BTW they say they will crosship with my board because "its a premier board he said" I then added, do I also get some premier service, and maybe responds to request as stated after 24 hours by 2 reps so far.

He said he will email me tonight with an update. So I will keep you all posted.

@OP. Be patient.

I had to RMA my pristine Asus Rampage Extreme in early February of this year and got called backed that it will get replaced with a Rampage III Extreme. I thought, wow but, I already have some Sandy stuff laying around since January just collecting dust like its cool. I calmly explained to them that situation and how I have no 1366 parts to pair with their suggested replacement of a Rampage III Extreme. So, I brought up how I already have plans for a Sandy build and told them that I would consider a "fixed" P67 motherboard. Guess what, since P67 will get replaced by the "fixed P67" I was told to wait. Right now I am waiting. Looks positive to where my situation is heading as far as I can see. Right now, I am busy with other stuff so waiting is no problem here as long as the "fixed P67" possibility is on the horizon.

You got to be patient, Asus is not slacking around.

Last edited:
Ok guys, got the email with the papwerwork to sign and fax, I put a check mark for 20.00 delivery 2 day shipping plus there is a 10.00 RMA standadrd Fee. So I fax and email the information to them.

Well I got a call maybe 2 hours later, that they emailed me the wrong paper work and have to re-do it. I was expecting a drastic change between the paperwork. There was not, Paperwork was the same but this one at the top had the word "Premier" instead of just advance RMA service. So go figure, atleast they called me the same day instead of waiting another 24 hours. Kudos for that

Got a notification at night that my RMA has been accepted and a board should ship in 48 hours. So far this experience was equivelant to a Biostar experience I had 2 years ago. I will keep you posted how things go as of now.

Last edited:
You're RMA experience looks pretty smooth compared to most manufacturers I have dealt with.

I wouldnt be complaining about that service....just be patient...I have had simular experiences with all my rma's...they all are a little quirkey...but in the end they all [asus giga,msi,biostar even ecs] replaced the boards with new working boards...chill out , take a pill...thats the way it is with all these motherboard companies...

Back