ASUS PB Series PB278Q 27" thoughts?

1080p sux now.

When you are playing a really graphically demanding game @ 1440 and you don't want to drop the res down to a blurry mess to improve frames, you won't be thinking 1080p sucks. :p

All those monitors will be under 1000:1 real-world static contrast. If you want higher contrast which means better image quality overall get a VA/MVA/AMVA panel.

Thread necro via a search for this monitor.

What's the word on this monitor? I'm running into a lot of good word of mouth about it including not the least of which was seeing PC Gamer just now in their Dec 2013 issue outfit their ultra rig with this monitor with glowing praise for it.

Price looks nice at $550 or so on Amazon. 3 year warranty. Worth considering?

Last edited:
I am also looking at this monitor, the asus because of the price. one thing I like about it is the displayport input. I considered the crossover a while back, but they to me are so cheap. kind of makes you worry.

Been using one for about 10 months. LOVE IT!!!! I messed with the settings a bit and turned down the brightness (way too bright out of the box)

I also have one and quite like it. Got it from Amazon at the beginning of 2013. No dead pixels on mine and great quality (looks fantastic next to my 2209wa). No problems with response time either, though the games I play don't usually necessitate superfast responses.

And also the anti-glare coating is quite minimal, again compared to my 2209 - it is similar to what my Soyo Topaz had.

Last edited:
I'd get the Viewsonic VP2770, instead. I love mine, though that new Planar PXL2790 has me very intrigued.

I love my PB278, but the Viewsonic is meant to be the better monitor (at the time, the Viewsonic cost 50% more than the Asus, and wasn't in stock here in Sweden), so my decision to get the Asus was a no brainer :)

I'd get the Viewsonic VP2770, instead. I love mine, though that new Planar PXL2790 has me very intrigued.

Both of these are on my short list at present. I'm still waiting to see what Kyle was alluding to in another thread about something else coming out this month as well.

Both the Viewsonic & BenQ BL2710PT do not use LED PWM Dimming (Side Affects of PWM), ghost significantly less and have 4x USB 3 Ports. There's no reason to buy the Asus now.

Yeah, the lack of USB ports (even USB2) is quite crappy on the Asus to be honest. Good thing that I only use USB3 for external hard drives, and that the cable I have into back of motherboard reaches nicely to desk, and can be hidden behind PC at other times.

Back