Asus M3N78-EMH

drescherjm

[H]F Junkie
I have an ASUS M3N78-EMH HDMI at work that has a 2.6 GHz X2 5000. I would like to upgrade this to a Phenom2 however the motherboard compatibility list does not list any Phenom2 chips at all. Anyone have this board?

I think your mobo just was ignored my ASUS.

ALSO, I think there is a 65W TDP limit on your board. I see no CPU listed on that list over 65W.

I was afraid of that. The motherboard does not mention anything about the maximum power but the cpu compatibility list has only 65W models and lower.

I had a Phenom II x4 810 in my Asus M3n78-EM for a while til I got a new mobo and the wife inherited it.

Also there are a few different versions of this motherborad. I believe there are four different versions. Not entirely sure what the differences are, but mine is the M3N78-EM <Green>. On the Asus site it lists an M3N78-VM, M3N78-EH, and M3N78 PRO. Mines not even there.

edt: after some more digging you have the older revision that doesn't support a chip higher than 89w but may be hit or miss with a Phenom II. Mine was a later revision that supports 140w cpu's.

Last edited:
Back