ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ Motherboard Review @ [H]

I'm waiting on a rev 2 Sabertooth, and 8320 from the egg. Once they are in, I think i'll shoot for 4.1/4.2, with a 2800NB and 24-2800 HT. I believe that that will give me a better balance for the time when 6+ cores are pretty loaded, and memory transfers and I/O become contention points for slowdown. I need to read up on whether the vishera NB starts piling on latency and when. If there is a point where going faster on NB/HT forces added latency, then all that extra heat and power gets a diminishing return.

If ~2800 doesn't add latency, then I will gladly trade some core clock for more consistent performance under varying computational load types.

you will never reach that NB speed. This is not a phenom 2 chip.

The FX chips are completely different than the old thubans/phenoms when it comes to overclocking.

you will never reach that NB speed. This is not a phenom 2 chip.

The FX chips are completely different than the old thubans/phenoms when it comes to overclocking.

Indeed. If they were the same I'd have had very different results with the FX-8350.

Mine wont even POST with the CPU/NB or HT Link over 2600. I have to reset the CMOS just to get back into the BIOS! But like I said, from the benchies Ive seen, 2400 is about the point where gains stop so there is no point in trying to go over that. I left mine at 2000 and have seen no difference in the few benchmarks I use which is mainly games.

Back