Asus Coolers?

Inferno32

n00b
Hey guys,

I've just been wondering about the ASUS line of CPU coolers, specifically, their high-end Silent Square series. How come nobody recommends these? They seem good, and look awesome, and are only a little more expensive than some of the other options.

Just curious about that, and I've been looking at a few of them.

Thanks!

they're not bad but they're expensive for what they are.... their cooling performance isnt up to scratch really.

people on here tend to favor the xigmatek range, TRUE 120, OCZ vendetta 2, amongst others.

I've used a range of Zalman coolers over the years and been happy especially since I hate the Intel "push pin" design. I only moderately OC though. For extreme OC I'd look at Thermalright.

Similar to Zalman, ASUS coolers are expensive and don't perform as well as the top tier of coolers. They aren't bad, but there's much better out there and for less money to boot. The Xigmatek HDT-S1283 specifically is better than any ASUS cooler and is also quite a bit cheaper. With options like that available, there's really no reason to spend even more money on an inferior product.

Well, I think depends on what you are looking at. With that price range, I am sure you can find better peformance cooler. However, I am an all-rounder, I also care about noise, and I can tell you with that satisfactory performance, the noise level is very low, which not many brands can achieve that.

Plus, ASUS's coolers tend to have better outlook and design. So if you are an all-rounder like myself: Performance/Noise-Level/ Outlook, then perhaps ASUS cooler is right for you.

Back