Apple Watch Series 9 precision finding with older models of iPhone

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Apple watch series 9 has a feature, that can help you find your iPhone with which its connected. I was thinking of buying an Apple Watch Series 9 for my old man, which will be very handy for him. But he uses, an iPhone 14 Pro. So will this feature work with it, or it only works with iPhone 15 series?

Yes, Find My iPhone will work with Apple Watch Series 9, even if your old man is using an iPhone 14 Pro. This feature is available for all Apple devices that support Bluetooth.

Apple watch series 9 has a feature, that can help you find your iPhone with which its connected. I was thinking of buying an Apple Watch Series 9 for my old man, which will be very handy for him. But he uses, an iPhone 14 Pro. So will this feature work with it, or it only works with iPhone 15 series?
I did this for my father.

He doesn't ever wear the watch, so my grand plan to help him with AirTags and find my failed. Old people don't want to wear an Apple Watch. In of itself it's too complicated for them and they can't see the screen good enough to use it.

I was talking about precision finding which was announced in Wonderlust event, in which Apple Watch Series 9, can get your precise location of the iPhone connected with it. My old man is in his 70s and there are occasions he leave his iPhone somewhere in the bed rood and doesn't remember. So precision finding will help him overcome this.

1695298397576.png

I was talking about precision finding which was announced in Wonderlust event, in which Apple Watch Series 9, can get your precise location of the iPhone connected with it. My old man is in his 70s and there are occasions he leave his iPhone somewhere in the bed rood and doesn't remember. So precision finding will help him overcome this.
I don't believe so. According to Apple that's something that only works with phones with the newest u chip, which means 15+. You could get him a case that holds an AirTag with the phone though, that would accomplish the same thing.

I don't believe so. According to Apple that's something that only works with phones with the newest u chip, which means 15+. You could get him a case that holds an AirTag with the phone though, that would accomplish the same thing.
With AirTag his Series 6 Apple watch will do the job and he doesn't have to upgrade to series 9?

your point about AirTags is also valid. An AirTag case for the iPhone would be a simpler and more convenient solution for your old man, since he doesn't want to wear an Apple Watch. Sometimes it's hard to convince your parents to change something.

All Apple stuff has had a U1 chip in it it for like the past 6 years. U2 just makes precision and even lower power possible.

But you don’t need U2 to do all the tracking functions. If you just want to find your phone with your watch, that’s been easily possible, again for more than 6 years. You can simply press the “ping” button on your watch and your phone will make an audible sound. Which makes it pretty easy to pin point wherever it is. You also still have U1’s level of accuracy in terms of finding the device if you need a greater macro level distance to find it with “find my”.

You certainly do not need an Airtag to do any of this stuff.

https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/locate-a-device-iph09b087eda/ios

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/find-devices-apd092474c11/watchos

Back