Apogee XT orientation with Silverstone ft02

OlIv0rIolI

Gawd
I am planning on upgrading to apogee xt and install it into the ft02 case. I am aware that the xt has to be oriented in a certain way with respect to the motherboard cpu socket. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the outlet port has to be the highest point to account for gravity so water rises after cooling all the copper parts.

The motherboard orientation in the ft02 is oriented 90 degrees clockwise with respect to normal configuration. So should I install the xt offset 90 degrees counter-clockwise so that the outlet port is still at the highest point with respect to the ground?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=silverstone_ft02-_-11-163-161-_-Product

You should have the outlet port at the top not because the water should rise, but rather to get the air out of the system. If you have the outlet port on the bottom, air inside the CPU block gets trapped inside a bubble at the top of the block. If the outlet port is at the top, the air will be forced out along with the water. That's why the outlet port should be on the top, not on the bottom. At least, that's what I think, it's the same way with my D-tek Fuzion V2.

Back