Anyone with M-Audio under Win 2003?

eighteen_psi

[H]ard|Gawd
Got an Audiophile 2496 under 2003, configured as workstation.
Love the OS...so much faster disk access than XP Pro (especially the SCSIs).

Anyway..only one piece of hardware drama to sort out, and its a big one. My M-Audio drivers work (officially not supported..need to run the installer in compatibility mode for XP) but I cannot get any application to output to the device. It shows up and all but it won't output. I'm currently using the onboard AC97, piped through the M's I/O & Hardware mixer, and back out to my amp/monitors/sub which sounds passable, if not audiophile grade. The problem is the horrid latency. Editing in premiere is nearly impossible with the half-second lag every time i jog/scrub a frame. Sound work in nuendo is a laughable proposition.

Point is I need my M card working....and I have no idea how to get it there. Does anyone use ASIO cards/apps under 2003? If the OS doesn't support it, which it may not, i don't know...it almost has to be possible to enable it with some files from my xp pro disk I'd think.

Is the audio service enabled?
Win 2k3 disables it by default....

I enabled the service...audio works...just not through the M (either 1/2 or Multi..or spdif) :(
Very odd to me that the drivers work, and I can route stuff with them fine..but I can't output directly.

Yea......... I figured said service was enabled or you would have got a big fat nothing.
I don't suppose the VIA reference drivers would do you squat for you so I dunno what to tell you.

Back