Anyone know how to automatically add video to a iPad or iPhone when at home ?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Where it syncs the video by itself without even doing anything on the iPhone or iPad.

Guessing no sense iOS is locked down.

Where it syncs the video by itself without even doing anything on the iPhone or iPad.

Guessing no sense iOS is locked down.
If you've got iCloud Photos enabled on your devices they automatically sync between all of them.

I play movies on my iPad that I drop into my iCloud Drive on the Mac I use for ripping DVDs from the Files app. It’s not great but works. You can then download them locally or stream them if your WiFi is robust enough.

As an aside, this worked when I was in the hospital with my phone. Fortunately, the hospital had great WiFi and I didn’t have enough room on my phone to store all the movies on it so I just streamed them.

Guess it depends on what kind of videos you are looking to add to your phone. Plex is something that will transcode videos to lower quality/size files for local storage on a mobile device. You can also stream them if you want to do that. Might require you to actually open up the Plex app on the device, but far more easy to use than doing it manually. Works great for TV series, removes watched videos from your device and preps and loads unwatched ones to be transferred to your device.

Back