Anyone had luck with a R3E and new corsair dominator GT's?

jarhead

Gawd
All I hear about is problems. I usually love corsair stuff and it's usually top quality, but that many people can't be "doing it wrong" right? So, anyone with a Rampage 3 Extreme had good luck with these modules?

About the only problem I have seen is people with Bloomfield cores using the XMP profiles on some of the faster modules such at the 2000s. The profile sets a lower QPI/VTT as it is validated for Gulftown. So, typically a manual bump to QPI/VTT solves most of what I have seen.

That sounds perfectly fair, but then why haven't the same issues been reported as much with similar g.skill, mushkin, etc, modules? I've been doing a fair amount of reading on it, and it seems like an issue mostly with the newer Dominator GT's and R2E and R3E boards, but then again, Asus is a pretty major brand, and the RE series is pretty much their flagship board.

Is there a technical reason with the ram modules or the motherboards that is causing this?

I can't speak for the other brands. It may be tied to sales volumes or, the specific memory choices for high end builds such as you would see with the RE III.

As far as a technical reason, the max QPI/VTT is lower for Gulftown CPUs than it is for Bloomfields. So, our XMP profile is designed to not set the QPI/VTT voltage too high for Gulftowns.

Back