Anybody enjoying Rocket League

mrgstiffler

[H]F Junkie
I've been playing it the past couple night and am really impressed. I didn't play the beta so it's brand new to me. Definitely feels a lot like Carball.

I haven't played it yet, but I'm thinking about getting the PC version. It looks like a lot of fun.

I downloaded it thinking my six year old son would like it(We haven't tried it yet), but if you recommend it, I'll check it out.

I'll start it up tonight.

This game is so much fun.

it's SUPER easy to pick and play but there's actual depth to it once you learn how to do things.

Something so great about jumping off the wall and knocking the ball right back into the goal.

Ther'es a reason the game has almost all positive reviews, it's just that damn fun.

Also they were very smart about having cross-platform play (IE ps4 and pc players playing together).

I just wish they could get online fixed and working good, it was up earlier today but it just went down again.

Plenty of people playing though so that's good.

This game is so much fun.

it's SUPER easy to pick and play but there's actual depth to it once you learn how to do things.

Something so great about jumping off the wall and knocking the ball right back into the goal.

Ther'es a reason the game has almost all positive reviews, it's just that damn fun.

Also they were very smart about having cross-platform play (IE ps4 and pc players playing together).

I just wish they could get online fixed and working good, it was up earlier today but it just went down again.

Plenty of people playing though so that's good.

I agree. It's a TON of fun. I highly recommend people play through all the training before they play online (if/when online is stable). Maybe even play a season of SP too. For a game that seems simple, it's actually VERY complex.

My kids all love it. I haven't had a chance to play yet but it looks fun. It's all they play anymore.

Playing the fuck out if it. Played a season already and it's a fuckin blast.

well crap...its free for us PSN+ subscribers...guess I will have to download it.

I'm loving the hell out of this game. It's annoying at times(dumb players) but fun as shit.

I played in a match earlier today with an amazing player (he was labeled as a Veteran so I guess he was probably in beta) but he was doing these amazing aerial jumps and hitting the ball from extremely high.

I have no idea how he was doing it but I wish I could.

Literally the ball would be like 20 feet up and people would be sitting under it waiting to "jump" up to tag it and he would come in flying at the height the ball was at and knock it right into the goal.

Earlier today i had an awesome goal, doing a bicycle kick on a rebound that someone on my team missed.

I played in a match earlier today with an amazing player (he was labeled as a Veteran so I guess he was probably in beta) but he was doing these amazing aerial jumps and hitting the ball from extremely high.

I have no idea how he was doing it but I wish I could.

Literally the ball would be like 20 feet up and people would be sitting under it waiting to "jump" up to tag it and he would come in flying at the height the ball was at and knock it right into the goal.

Earlier today i had an awesome goal, doing a bicycle kick on a rebound that someone on my team missed.

There were no player rankings in beta so that player earned Veteran rank in the retail release.

To hit the ball when it is high in the air you can double jump and then hold down your rocket boost while pointing your nose upwards like an airplane. You can also get extra air by wall-climbing and then double jump / rocket boosting.

Good Luck!

holy FUCK

i just played a 2v2 ranked match, my partner had 988 ping and disconnected after they scored 2 on us (we scored 0).

I proceeded to win it ALONE.

we were tied right before the timer was up and i had a goal going in but it was 0.05 seconds too late i WAS PISSED.

and then i fucking won. 5-4. went from 0-2 to soloing them 5-4. oh my god that was amazing, i feel GREAT

edit: heres the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtMymAtwb64

Last edited:
My biggests issues are momentum, I watched some Tram Rocket videos and I still find myself turning around the long way or having to flip back over.

I can't figure out how to turn myself in the air horizontally.

I'm 60 games away from getting a Platinum, 500km bugged out so that's all that's left.

My buddy and I have played maybe 5-7 hours of this game, and just looked into the tutorial, and we did not realize you can use the thrust and float in the air. :eek:

Back