Any keyboard recommendation for programmer and CAD user?

Bobby55

n00b
I mostly use my pc for CAD and programming, what keyboard would you recommend?
8k polling would be nice

Do you use the keypad has shortcut on your CAD software for camera control or other ?

Are you sure you need to look for polling number at all for non- competitive gaming keyboard ?, 1khz sound like an already a giant number outside e-sport.

This could be a good spot to look at:
https://www.rtings.com/keyboard/reviews/best/keyboard, can rank by office and programming score.

I would think this would be more about preference than any objective ranking. I prefer Cherry MX blue switches and a numpad for my professional use (mostly programming, a little CAD), but others might like something else. The type of switches and general form factor are really the big differentiators. Beyond that, a keyboard is a keyboard, IMHO.

I'm particularly fond of my Das Ultimate S, so I guess I'll recommend that, but I don't think it's available with every switch option, and I'll also qualify that recommendation by adding that, while I've had it for twelve or thirteen years at this point, I've had to replace a couple of the switches in that time. It's not a difficult repair for me, but it does require soldering. I'd also give my Razer Blackwidow a positive review, which has Cherry Blues as well. I've had it for many years as well, and it's been solid.

I'd agree with LukeTbk, though, that you probably don't need the high polling rate or other gamer features if what you're doing isn't super competitive gaming. I'd concentrate on comfort and whatever aesthetic features you're after (does it need to be a particular color? wireless? particular type of switches you like).

Back