Any comments comparing LG27EA83R-D vs viewsonic VP2770

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone compared the LG27EA83R-D and VP2770; if so any comments how they compare to each other and the less expensive QNIX ? Usage would be combination of gaming and photos. They monitor would need to have a display port (QNIX version with display port is said to have more lag) and prefer the display not to be super glossy (ala matte version of QNIX). However I would like the monitor to have the fidelity to handle photos.

Are these just super duper unpopular monitors or is something out-right wrong with them ?

I think the LG uses PWM, so if you are sensitive to that than get the VP2770 as it does not use it. I would get the VP2770 anyways though.

Ok. Also is there much difference between LG27EA83R-D and LG27EA83-D

The non R version is wide gamut=over-saturated & inaccurate colors in games (the sRGB mode sucks) & has a 160hz LED PWM Dimming frequency. There are 2 versions of the non-R version, one with very high input lag & one with almost none. LG only updated the 27EA83D after Playerwares reviewed it and criticized the very high input lag.

The R version will have the same PWM frequency & it is very likely that there are two versions as well, or just one with very high input lag. LG also updated their 21:9 monitor due to the high input lag which Anandtech criticized in their review of the original.

Get the VP2770 now or wait for my BenQ BL2710PT review & decide.

Last edited:
I can wait for the BenQ review; in no hurry. My only concern about the VP2770 is (at least on newegg) quality control is very questionable (a lot of complaints about defects in the screen)

The non R version is wide gamut=over-saturated & inaccurate colors in games (the sRGB mode sucks) & has a 160hz LED PWM Dimming frequency. There are 2 versions of the non-R version, one with very high input lag & one with almost none. LG only updated the 27EA83D after Playerwares reviewed it and criticized the very high input lag.

The R version will have the same PWM frequency & it is very likely that there are two versions as well, or just one with very high input lag. LG also updated their 21:9 monitor due to the high input lag which Anandtech criticized in their review of the original.

Get the VP2770 now or wait for my BenQ BL2710PT review & decide.

Back