Antec P160 or Lian Li PC6077?

MajGHOB

Weaksauce
I'm building an Athlon64 system for myself. The system will have 4 HDD, 1DVD-RW and 1CD-RW drives along with the standard floppy. I’m trying to build a fairly light (basically Aluminium) case that is spacious but also quiet. I’m going with a Zalman 7000a AlCu for the CPU cooling but am stuck when it comes time to picking the case for the system.

So far I’m looking at the Antec P160 and the Lian-Li PC6077. I’ve heard that the temp monitor on the P160 is troublesome but that case is really light and very quiet apparently. The Lian-Li has a lot more accessories and such you can buy for it and it has a nice removable motherboard tray. Does anyone here have experience with either case? I’ve looked over the forums and all over the net but I still can’t quite decide. I would appreciate any opinions anyone has, either regarding these two cases or some other case you have in mind that you think is better than either one but is not a great deal more expensive than the two.

I've got the P160 and it is indeed very quite. I'm not sure about the acuracy of the temp displays though. I'm happy with the case.

the temp displays are never accurate. they just give you a reading about 80%.

Well, here in Canada, the Antec P160 costs $160 and the Lian Li PC6077 is $130. Of course for the Lian Li you also have to buy some other components such as an additional CD bevel as well as an additional hard drive rack and better fans which add to the cost.

if you want your PC to be quiet, dont put 4 HDDs in it. I have 3 right now and they drive me crazy.

thats what hard drive silencers are for. people say they dont work but in my opinion they do work. my friend has a computer with 2 7200 rpm and 3 10,000 rpm and he has them all with silencers. he says with out them he wouldnt be able to sleep at night.

just and option

Well I have a Lian-Li with an awesome internal setup. Hard Drive cage will hold 5 HD's, fan speed controller for front intake fans- and filter on it, slidable mobo tray, easy to install PS, wiring harness for front panel- love it. I would actually probably recommend the Lian-Li PC-65, you can get it in black or silver- windowed- there is the same thing without a window- I think the number is PC-60 or PC-62 or something. Mine is essential a 65 with an extra exhaust fan and a little different bezel. Sweetest case I've had- I paid 200 for it new- now they are $105 or so.

I have an Antec Sonata right now with 4 HDD's inside it. Two of them are 4 years old, and they dont make any noticable amount of noise in this case. For me, fan noise is the most annoying type of noise generated by the system.

Back