another i7 930 thread

OlIv0rIolI

Gawd
I just got my system setup and I am getting temps 36 to 34C stock. it seems kind of high. What is everyone else getting with wc.

specs
i7 930
asus p6x58d premium
silverstone ft02 case
water cooling with apogee xt --- blackice stealth gt 360 ---- ic diamond 7 carat paste

what are your ambient temperatures, also what fans are you using and setup are they in?

also, I don't have any personal experience with ic diamond, but from the different TIMs I've used pretty much all of them show a slight increase in performance after a day of use (even if it claims to need no curing time).

Its been a week, so curing should be ok by now. also ambient is somewhere between 20 and 22. I am using low fan speed.

I switched to high fan speed, temp went down by 2 degrees. The clock speed is dynamic and it is going going up and down between 2300 to 2600. Just curious what other people with similar setup is getting.

WC with ft02 is a pain and I don't want to have to reseat the heatsink if I can help it.

which fans exactly? what orientation are they in (push/pull/push-pull) and are you using any shrouds on them?

edit: a picture may help, I know what kind of space limitations you're looking at with that case.

edit 2: from the sound of it you're probably using "normal" 120mm case fans on that radiator, what you want to be using are fans that have high static pressure because you're using a high fin-density radiator.

ideally 38mm fans are the best option (38mm normally have a higher static pressure than most standard 25mm fans) though good options for 25mm fans are the scythe gentle typhoons and s-flex , even better are the sanyo denki san ace 9S1212H4011, even better are the 9G1212H4011 (but they almost require a shroud because of the size of the motor), there are other great fans also, but these show some of the best all around values of performance to sound levels.

shrouds can make a very nice difference in performance, esp. on radiators as they reduce the effect of the dead-spot created by the fan's motor, ideal length is 25~30mm so gutting old 25mm fans work great.

Last edited:
Back