Analyst: 1M Apple Watches Will Be Sold Over Launch Weekend

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Whether or not you like Apple products, you have to give the company credit for creating an aura of success with the launch of the Apple Watch still several weeks away, Analysts have already predicted a grand slam weekend of sales approaching one million units.

The huge number includes both preorders and launch sales, though it is not yet clear if Apple will have stock on hand to sell to walk-in customers.

Analysts are some of the dumbest people I can think of. I haven't heard many making bold claims that end up right. Not that I look them up a lot.

I think this a very modest projection for initial sales. What will be interesting is the sustainability of sales over time, that's a much trickier proposition.

I think this a very modest projection for initial sales. What will be interesting is the sustainability of sales over time, that's a much trickier proposition.

Indeed. it will be THE example of iSheep rushing to get their shiny new apple product RIGHT NOW, followed by either a sustained market or sales that fall off of a cliff because, "Okay it's a watch and I need an iPhone 5 or better to do anything with it."

I'll be watching with popcorn.

I bet half of them end up for sale on ebay or similar sites.
Sales numbers will be skewed by people hoping to make a fast buck.

Analysts. Is that what fortune tellers and palm readers are called these days?

I wonder how many minutes it will take for the first mugging reports.

No, seriously, using that watch is pretty much broadcasting "HI, I ALSO HAVE AN iPHONE AND DON'T REALLY KNOW ABOUT THAT THING CALLED SECURITY!, PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!"

I mean, i know that my country is super unsafe, but in general using those iWatch in public = not smart... (But that is the standard procedure).

The Apple Watch 2 will have a revolutionary feature that will allow you to use it without your iPhone.

When these go on sale there will be a billion smiles lighting up all over china. All with an overbite.

$600 for a watch with a cheap band.

I dunno.

I understand that some people have more money than what they know to do with but... couldn't one help but not feel... how do I put this... ripped off?

No way. I know apple can slap a logo on a pile of shit and sell out of them, but this thing is going to bomb. Smartwatches are the answer to the question nobody's asking.

I can't wait to ask someone what time it is and have them find that their watch died.

All I'm looking forward to is the long term sales flop, along with the '50cal vs new ithing' videos.

Apple Watch is equivalent to 1st gen Android watches which are now at 3rd gen with stand-alone cellular capability for calls and data connectivity untethered from phone. I'll probably pick up a 4th gen when they design them less bulkier with better battery life.

Analyst: 1M Apple Watches Will Be Sold Over Launch Weekend

dp3uNL5.gif

Back