AMD Now 61.9% of Discreet Mobile Graphics Market

thats just great, more of this please

crappy ati and phsyicsless consoles holding everyone back... :mad::mad::mad:
Actually, nvidia actually spends programmer time, effort, and money to keep Physx away from ATI. One guy even made a wrapper that was able to run Physx on ATI just fine, and just days before he released it, he said he was "sick" and had to delay the release a few days. Then a couple days later (and apparently not sick anymore), he announced that he was now part of the Nvidia developer program and he never ever talked about the Physx wrapper ever again.

I know nVidia "patched" it a while back, but is there still a way to run AMD cards with an nVidia card for PhysX? Or do you still have to use the old pre-patched drivers? If you can still run both of them by hacking up the drivers, then I would keep one of my GTX 285s for when/if I go to a 69X0.
Nvidia does what they can to block it, even going so far as programming in a timebomb for people who dared to use their purchased hardware with a competitor's product. Once, they accidentally forgot to include the competitor-screwing portion of the code and claimed that the extra functionality was a bug.

Back