AMD have aktiv adapter to debut during summer for HDMI 2.0

This summer? Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it.

It took them an entire year to deliver the inexpensive active DP->DVI adapters.

It took them OVER TWO years to deliver the DP 1.2 MST Hub that they mentioned way back in 2010.

So you will wait to see when the cables come out but you wont wait to see what the deal is with this video card?
And considering these cables have already been shown off almost 6 months ago I highly doubt it will be an issue to bring them to market.

So you will wait to see when the cables come out but you wont wait to see what the deal is with this video card?
And considering these cables have already been shown off almost 6 months ago I highly doubt it will be an issue to bring them to market.

Believe it when I see it. A demonstration at tech conferences != available in any shipping form. It could be too expensive to make profitably, or not enough market too justify putting the money into manufacturing. Typically, any adapter over $100 has a very tough time selling (since that's the price range of a new video card).

This is just someone hoping and wishing - if you actually read the OP AMD has had nothing official to say on this device.

I'll give the Fury my attention regardless of the adapter. It should be pretty nice, but nowhere near perfect.

Christ, people.... buy what you want/need. If a product doesnt have a feature move on to another choice, that's the great thing about having options.

Sorry you feel let down by a corporation not catering to your use case. You guys guys have gone from beating a dead horse to throwing a saddle on it and trying to ride it.

Christ, people.... buy what you want/need. If a product doesnt have a feature move on to another choice, that's the great thing about having options.

Sorry you feel let down by a corporation not catering to your use case. You guys guys have gone from beating a dead horse to throwing a saddle on it and trying to ride it.

Hahahaha.. finally a post worth reading in this thread. Well done. :D

I doubt they feel let down. They are just latching on to this as something to hold against AMD till benchmarks reach. Then if anyone mentions the fan on the cooler is audible they will likely jump to that

I doubt they feel let down. They are just latching on to this as something to hold against AMD till benchmarks reach. Then if anyone mentions the fan on the cooler is audible they will likely jump to that

Will this thing use electricity?

Because if this thing uses electricity I'm out.

The thing is, right now I'm a happy AMD customer and I WANT to buy a Fury but I can't because it doesn't work with ANY of my displays or the 4k panel I plan on buying so I'm being forced to go Nvidia by a company that I want to support. That's bad business.

Why do you plan on buying a 4k panel without DP? Seriously, I get some of the frustration from people with incompatible displays. But to be angry about a purchase you haven't even made yet? I dunno, maybe do some research and pick a different panel? You could use the time you'd otherwise have spent bitching about it.

There's the solution, all you guys with old crappy HDMI only TVs go buy a new one that they actually put some thought in to :D

The thing is, right now I'm a happy AMD customer and I WANT to buy a Fury but I can't because it doesn't work with ANY of my displays or the 4k panel I plan on buying so I'm being forced to go Nvidia by a company that I want to support. That's bad business.

What are you high?! Buy a NEW 4k panel with display port ffs, see above...not buying one is just terrible idea, you can't support 3x multi monitor setups without.

Why do you plan on buying a 4k panel without DP? Seriously, I get some of the frustration from people with incompatible displays. But to be angry about a purchase you haven't even made yet? I dunno, maybe do some research and pick a different panel? You could use the time you'd otherwise have spent bitching about it.

It's only a problem for these idiots who want to use a television as a computer monitor. Even 4k at 40"+ is awful.

These are probably the same people who weren't made fun of enough for using 30"+ tvs as monitors at 1080p and now think that is acceptable.

Because Samsung makes, arguably, the best larger 4k panels and are all HDMI.

AMD touts Fury as a living room solution but does not support living room connectors. That's silly.

It's only a problem for these idiots who want to use a television as a computer monitor. Even 4k at 40"+ is awful.

These are probably the same people who weren't made fun of enough for using 30"+ tvs as monitors at 1080p and now think that is acceptable.

Please explain what's idiotic about using a VA 4k display that's 444 chroma and 60hz?

Please explain what's idiotic about using a non TN 4k display that's 444 chroma and 60hz?

The fact that it's 40+ inches. That is a television, it belongs in a place where you sit several feet away from it. That is not a proper computer monitor at all. Everything is huge even at 4k and you'd be moving your head all over the place.

Any computer monitor should top out at 27" imo. The 24" 4k displays are almost just right (although I wish there were 16:10 or even 4:3 options).

If you want to use a TV as a computer monitor for gaming in the living room or something that's fine, but you'll have to make accommodations for the fact that it's a TV and most likely only has HDMI. Trying to say a 40" tv is a good computer monitor is just absurd though, it is not the right device for that use.

Thats preference though, some like 40 some like 27 others only need 6 (get the bad joke?).
I just dont get how they can afford these TVs but cannot afford the Adapter.
Or how they can bitch about it not being here while using a TV with such a High Res that it has almost no content made for it yet.

Seems like waiting for one thing is ok but waiting for the other is just soooo out of the question.

The fact that it's 40+ inches. That is a television, it belongs in a place where you sit several feet away from it. That is not a proper computer monitor at all. Everything is huge even at 4k and you'd be moving your head all over the place.

Any computer monitor should top out at 27" imo. The 24" 4k displays are almost just right (although I wish there were 16:10 or even 4:3 options).

If you want to use a TV as a computer monitor for gaming in the living room or something that's fine, but you'll have to make accommodations for the fact that it's a TV and most likely only has HDMI. Trying to say a 40" tv is a good computer monitor is just absurd though, it is not the right device for that use.

Seen lots of guys using portrait eyefinity. Is that stupid too, then ? Lots using display equivalents much larger than a curved 40 inch.

Sounds like a lot of ignorance on your part when it comes to high end enthusiast equipment.

Thats preference though, some like 40 some like 27 others only need 6 (get the bad joke?).
I just dont get how they can afford these TVs but cannot afford the Adapter.
Or how they can bitch about it not being here while using a TV with such a High Res that it has almost no content made for it yet.

Seems like waiting for one thing is ok but waiting for the other is just soooo out of the question.

For me, unless AMD is going to cost substantially less for the same performance then I am not interested due to AMD driver support. An active adapter will cut into that price advantage.

Seen lots of guys using portrait eyefinity. Is that stupid too, then ? Lots using display equivalents much larger than a curved 40 inch.

Sounds like a lot of ignorance on your part when it comes to high end enthusiast equipment.

Except the advantage of running multiple monitors in that configuration is that you can create significantly more resolution in the same amount of physical space. Again, 3840x2160 over 40" is not something that works well as a computer monitor.

Except the advantage of running multiple monitors in that configuration is that you can create significantly more resolution in the same amount of physical space. Again, 3840x2160 over 40" is not something that works well as a computer monitor.

Whatever you say. Stick with your 24 incher. Curved 40 4k makes a lot more sense than 4k sub 32.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. I don't plan on hooking up my gaming PC to the TV anyway ... I'd guess most people aren't either, since that's where most people have their consoles hooked up.

If you have a TV sitting on your desk and are using it as a monitor ... well it's a TV. What did you expect? I would guess most of those complaining are Nvidia fanboys. Though I do lay blame at AMD's feet if they made claims that their video cards are for TVs / home theater setups.

In that case AMD ... don't write checks your ass can't cash.

Except the advantage of running multiple monitors in that configuration is that you can create significantly more resolution in the same amount of physical space. Again, 3840x2160 over 40" is not something that works well as a computer monitor FOR ME IMO!.

FTFY

3mwWGA8.jpg

48" Curved flanked by 2x 27" 1440 monitors, absolutely perfect for me, like it a lot more than the 3x 27" i was using before.

This being run off a pair of 290x's. So im curious about these adapters, but if they delay coming to market, i will grab a pair of 980ti's when they are a little more plentiful (without a markup).

Back