(Amazon) CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1000VA 600W $84.95 FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ir0nw0lf

Supreme [H]ardness
Amazon.com: CyberPower CP1000PFCLCD PFC Sinewave UPS 1000VA 600W PFC Compatible Mini-Tower: Home Audio & Theater

$84.95, free shipping (+ applicable tax)

Great price for a pure sine wave UPS!

• 1000VA/600 Watts, Pure Sine Wave UPS system - designed to support Active PFC power supplies and conventional power supplies
  • Line interactive, AVR and GreenPower - Protects PCs, workstations, and home entertainment systems. Prevents data loss and protects electronic equipment from harmful power problems.
  • Multifunction LCD provides runtime in minutes, battery status, load level and other status information.
  • Output Connections: (5) Battery Backup & Surge Protected Outlets, (5) Surge Protected Outlets
  • Energy Star qualified - Mini-Tower Form Factor - 3 Year Warranty

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I've been buying CyberPower for like 5 years now. I've had FAR FAR fewer issues than with APC stuff. In fact, I've had NO issues. I have 3 units and all are on their original batteries still.

^^I'm getting to that conclusion as well. APC on the consumer end is pretty crap. I had a 300w unit go bad. I have my invoice, ring up APC support and they tell me the unit is 5 years old, I'm like wtf? After like an hour the csr lady agrees to send me a new batt. The other unit I bought then went bad a lil while later too.

I have a cyber power 1500 and it's run time after the power goes out is pitiful. The batteries are way too small.

I have a cyber power 1500 and it's run time after the power goes out is pitiful. The batteries are way too small.

Units are not designed for long runtime because as you noted the batts are too small. It's intended to give you enough time to manually shutdown if you don't use the auto shutdown features. You should have 10-15 minutes depending on the life of the batt. If you really need long ass run time, mod it with some car batts. *Also, enterprise units are better suited to the mod since their circuitry is designed for longer runtime.

Make your computer UPS last for hours instead of minutes

I'd just get an old school APC SUA unit off Ebay and then grab some batteries if it didn't come with them. They'll last longer on battery and they're literally built like tanks.

Generally UPS units use Gel cell batteries, which use a different charge cycle profile than Flooded Lead Acid batteries. I'd be worried about my $100-$200 deep cycle battery getting cooked off, or under charged by these UPSes.

Generally UPS units use Gel cell batteries, which use a different charge cycle profile than Flooded Lead Acid batteries. I'd be worried about my $100-$200 deep cycle battery getting cooked off, or under charged by these UPSes.
So, diodes & separate chargers?

So, diodes & separate chargers?
I was inspired this episode of Systm - Love Patrick Norton where he does the UPS Car Battery Mod.

I experimented with both APC and CyberPower Pure Sine Wave Units. No matter how much juice you put behind them, they all soft kill the power at around 1 hour.
...so I ended up just building my own Whole House Battery Backup System.

I can run my game PC for ~ 8+ hours before I need to do a recharge... or if SHTF, and I need to run my deep cycle batteries to ZERO. I can run the game PC for 42+ hours. :)

edit: I built a Steve harris style battery backup.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back