Age of Conan

rampantandroid

[H]ard|Gawd
So...thinking of an MMO again...what's the state of AOC right now? I know they patched a year ago or something...but do people play it right now? Or should I just be waiting for Bioware to crap out an MMO...or just returning to WoW (haven't played in years)...

Thanks!
RA

They actually just released a new content patch for AoC I believe. One of the guys I work with plays it, he says it has a very good community and he likes the gameplay a lot more than WoW. I liked the gameplay a lot as well, but I can't get into it again because of all the uncanny valley character models and armor. I was a tank in AoC and that was some serious shit getting a group through dungeons, the game always felt really intense to me.

You could always play EVE Online for something new :p

They actually just released a new content patch for AoC I believe. One of the guys I work with plays it, he says it has a very good community and he likes the gameplay a lot more than WoW. I liked the gameplay a lot as well, but I can't get into it again because of all the uncanny valley character models and armor. I was a tank in AoC and that was some serious shit getting a group through dungeons, the game always felt really intense to me.

You could always play EVE Online for something new :p

If I want to play excell, I'll get Ribbon Hero: the MMO :p

I can NEVER get into EVE. Just too complicated. I don't want to put tons of effort into it...I want to have fun, and EVE was never fun to me. Maybe I did it wrong.

I may give AoC another go then. Do they have a trial period these days?

I can NEVER get into EVE. Just too complicated. I don't want to put tons of effort into it...I want to have fun, and EVE was never fun to me. Maybe I did it wrong.

No, you didn't. EVE is unique, which is another way of saying it has an appeal only to a certain kind of player. I'm not going to diss it or suggest it shouldn't be around, there are some that like it, but it is a minority of people. It is not an MMO I would recommend to many people.

I also tried it and didn't like it at all.

No, you didn't. EVE is unique, which is another way of saying it has an appeal only to a certain kind of player. I'm not going to diss it or suggest it shouldn't be around, there are some that like it, but it is a minority of people. It is not an MMO I would recommend to many people.

I also tried it and didn't like it at all.

Just remembered: How is Rift?

Just remembered: How is Rift?

It's good. Rift is a game I'd recommend to anyone who liked WoW, but is tired of it. There is nothing really very new or special about Rift, but it is well done. It theives stuff from WoW, EQ2, WAR, and so on and does a good job.

It is a well done fantasy hack n' slash MMO so if that is your thing then I'd look at picking it up.

Rift is good.
Guild Wars if you have not played it is pretty awesome. I spent like 5 years on this game. Guild Wars 2 release day is going to be the greatest day of my life.
I always liked AoC too. I never subbed up past the free month, but all my buds left so..
I think if you liked WoW but just got tired of it, try rift.

Back