Ability to sort 'PC Builds' buy budget?

HAQattaq

Limp Gawd
I think a really cool feature for the PC build threads would be the ability to sort by budget. Or perhaps mention to people to put their prices in the thread titles? .

Since price is where everyone generally starts..I think this would be real beneficial when comparing your build with others with the same budget. Thx

Short of making numerous sub-forums in various price categories, that would not be possible with vBulletin. Even the idea of a single "critque my build" sub-forum has been shot down before.

People are free to put a price point in their thread titles, but of course, there's no way to make them do that.

So the short answer is no, ain't gonna happen.

Prices change too much, even week to week.. people also re-use parts that they might not count in the price of a build. I don't see it as a feasible idea.

When we did the last rebuild of the forums and subforums, we did many 'what if' models and the result of all this was a simple fact.....the more you try to catagorize a forum/subforum, the more complicated it will become. One of the first tenets you learn in business is the KISS formula. (Keep It Simple, Stupid) ;)

Back