A64 3000 + Abit AV8 problem

Slava

2[H]4U
I just bought A64 3000 processor and Abit AV8 motherboard. I hooked up to my antec true 430 watts power supply and once I press boot button. It turns on, and turns off automatically after 3 seconds. Then it turns on and turns off again. It keep looping forever. Then I hooked it up to my Crappy 400 watts power supply and no such issue at all. It boots perfectly, but I don't trust crappy power supply to run my 6800 ultra. I am so sick of fixing it all day, no matter what antec just keeps turning off and on. Can someone help me?

make sure your mobo is grounded properly, make sure the mobo isn't touching any metal.
check the studs and make sure they are mounted properly. they should only be on specific locations in respect to the board. if you look closely at the board, there are metal circle looking things where the mobo should be screwed into the studs.
sorry i don't know techincal terms, hopefully you understand my description

This is what I did, I put the mobo and everything on top of mobo box. Between box and mobo there is anti static bag. I never moved anything at all. I plug in cheapo power supply. Works perfectly. I plug in antec. It just turns on and turns off. Keeps doing that forever.

Sounds like the PSU could be fualty....send an email to Antec Im sure they will take care of it!

Slava said:
This is what I did, I put the mobo and everything on top of mobo box. Between box and mobo there is anti static bag. I never moved anything at all. I plug in cheapo power supply. Works perfectly. I plug in antec. It just turns on and turns off. Keeps doing that forever.

This is probably irrelevant to your original problem, but don't set powered motherboards on anti-static bags. They're conductive.

Back