A good up to date CompTIA A+ resource?

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
I know the A+ is looked down upon here and I'm not looking for grieve, so please keep it civil and throw a guy a bone. I'm taking the A+ on Friday, just so I can get my foot in the door some local places. I was looking for some practice tests and stuff, but all I can seem to find is stuff that is horribly out of date. I'm familiar with most of the stuff on the A+ and I just wanna make sure I'm really at my best. I don't want to make a mistake and waste $178 x2 on a fail. I'm looking to take the 220-701 and 220-702.

When I took my A+ N+ exam last year, my training course had me use measureup dot com

I passed both by the way, but have been in the IT industry for 12 years before taking this exam.

professormessor.com has training videos on the new version of the test, just an fyi.

Why is A+ looked down at?

I don't know about here, but industry wide it's basically like a GED or HS Diploma it's so basic and hardly relevant for most career paths. Not like the 90's where it actually meant something and was worth more. The hardware section is heavily outdated preaching tech that's a half dozen generations old, hardly used, and even told to be irrelevant except in rare cases in the material. Yet they want people to retake the test every 2-3 years now for what looks to be more about making money rather than "keeping pace with technology"

It's not that A+ is looked down upon. Its that the scheme of things A+ alone is not going to get you a decent job, nor is it going to greatly improve your chances of getting a job. It is a good thing to have...sure. But if A+ is all you are aiming for... you're not aiming very high.

I know the A+ is looked down upon here and I'm not looking for grieve, so please keep it civil and throw a guy a bone. I'm taking the A+ on Friday, just so I can get my foot in the door some local places. I was looking for some practice tests and stuff, but all I can seem to find is stuff that is horribly out of date. I'm familiar with most of the stuff on the A+ and I just wanna make sure I'm really at my best. I don't want to make a mistake and waste $178 x2 on a fail. I'm looking to take the 220-701 and 220-702.

Michael Myers CompTIA A+ book on amazon covers almost 85% of the current test.

It's a long easy read too.

ExamCram. A lot of the questions on the test came straight from the Q and A at the end of each chapter.

Back