9600XT and Apparent Voltage Problem?

DrDeathGNJ

Gawd
Hey,

OK my brother has P4S333 Asus Motherboard 2400mhz Intel and 512 DDR MEM with absolute latest bios.
I put the XT in his system and nothing happens for like 5 minutes. Then the system finally posts and the BIOS pop up and the system is super slow. I check out the Power option in the BIOS and the voltage of cpu and MB are 0 or in the minus numbers.

This card for some reason is sucking the living poop out of this motherboard in power.

I have tried everything from pulling every card out of the MB and just have the Video card left in but still the same problem.
I even put in a new PSU but still same problem.
I have tried different Monitors thinking that might be it and just flat out unplugging everything minus a few needed things to boot a computer and still same problem.

Is this card drawing too much power for this Motherboard{hense is it too new} or is something else going on here?

Now I took this video card and put it in my system which has a newer Asus P4S533 MB in it the and the card works fine?

Sounds like a bad connector somewhere on his mobo? Or a bad motherboard itself?

What vid card does he have in there now?

The 9600xt isn't THAT much of a power hungry card.

What kind of AGP slot does his mobo have? What's the AGP voltage set to?

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

heres what u can do, get a multimeter and record the vgpu and vmem values to see how much they're running at?

check out my site for the llocations to record the values.

http://unoid.net/9600pro/

Thanks guys for your help! Through your suggestions I believe its the AGP slot on his motherboard! Everything else checks out but that!
Thanks again!

Back