8GB Gskill RipJaws X DDR3 1866 79.99 Newegg Shellshocker

great deal, excellent ram...just pick up the same kit about a month ago for a little over $100

damn tempted to pick up another pack, don't know if I have the use for 16GB in my system though...

Z68/P67 doesn't have an affect on ram.
The same stuff, different heatsink color.

I'm confused what you mean...

8GB Gskill RipJaws X DDR3 1866
timings: 9-10-9-28
Is the ram posted in this deal.

While the other is:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600
timings: 8-8-8-24

The rated speeds are different. The timings are different. Not really the same stuff.... unless its a known fact that its very easy to get those same speeds with increased timings of the second one.

I'm confused what you mean...

8GB Gskill RipJaws X DDR3 1866
timings: 9-10-9-28
Is the ram posted in this deal.

While the other is:
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600
timings: 8-8-8-24

The rated speeds are different. The timings are different. Not really the same stuff.... unless its a known fact that its very easy to get those same speeds with increased timings of the second one.

Didn't see the different speeds, but they will work. I tried memory OC to 1866 many times with my 1600 ram, the system doesn't post.
Better off buying the fastest ram for your money than attempting to OC.

Didn't see the different speeds, but they will work. I tried memory OC to 1866 many times with my 1600 ram, the system doesn't post.
Better off buying the fastest ram for your money than attempting to OC.

so are you saying the blue pill or the red pill is better?

anyone know how tall the ram modules are with the heatsink? Trying to get something half of the height of the Corsair Vegance ram.

i don't have a blue theme and could care less about the color of my ram. but assuming red and blue were the same price, you'd say red?

anyone know how tall the ram modules are with the heatsink? Trying to get something half of the height of the Corsair Vegance ram.

I just got mine they aren't that tall, the heatsink is maybe 1/2" taller than the pcb.

Back