60% Keyboards how to enter Bios?

Comixbooks

Fully [H]
Screenshot_20240323-053247.png

How can I enter the Bios with a keyboard that doesn't have F2 or Delete keys?

All 60% keyboards have separate 'layers' that are enabled with a key. So you'd hold that key then press eg. '2' to make it F2.

Similar to how holding the Shift key temporarily allows access to a separate layer of different characters/symbols.

If you buy a keyboard that has QMK firmware support then you can completely customize all layers and do pretty much whatever you want with it since they're programmable.

Some keyboards default to Fn keys until a driver is loaded by the os, so you can just press 0 or 2 (f10 or f2), or whatever is bound to the Fn key you need.

Otherwise, you can hold the [Fn] key and press one of the number keys. Or you can disconnect your keyboard, which will stop boot on some bioses and allow you to enter after connecting a kb.

If you are running windows you can also reboot to bios (Settings> System > recovery>advanced start up > then chose boot to bios from the advance startup menu).

Reactions: Nobu
like this
I've got the 65% version of the K65 'cuz I wanted dedicated Arrow and Delete keys. FN + the number 2 or Backspace keys should get you into the BIOS from your keyboard.

I have to say what I learned with my cheap GMK67 build is the lack of dedicated F keys and Print Screen annoys me, I also have pretty big hands I find the TKL 80% is just the best format for myself.. Going to stick with it from now on. last year I spend $200 on keyboards only to find out what I really like is the ~decade old Filco MT2 TKL I've been using for nearly 10yrs now =P

I have to say what I learned with my cheap GMK67 build is the lack of dedicated F keys and Print Screen annoys me, I also have pretty big hands I find the TKL 80% is just the best format for myself.. Going to stick with it from now on. last year I spend $200 on keyboards only to find out what I really like is the ~decade old Filco MT2 TKL I've been using for nearly 10yrs now =P
Damn I forgot about Print Screen guess I'll move my Headphone and Controller back on top of my Rig.

Back