5770 Multi-color vertical bars?

mannyman

2[H]4U
As stated in the title all my 5770 outputs is a screen of varying colors and bars of a different shade of the background.

Dead card?

PS thanks.

Last edited:
What output are you using? If you change the port do you still get color banding? Have you tried a different monitor?

DVI 1 or 2
VGA adapter on DVI 1 or 2
HDMI
Displayport
Displayport + active DVI adapter
etc.

Both DVI do not work, And when i remove the gpu and hook the monitor to the onboard video it works fine.

It seems to me something has gone bad, Possibly a cap or resistor. But I don't know for sure.

Do you hear a repeating noise and does it freeze, or is this on all the time? I got this on my first 5770, bought a second and it still happened. Kept the CPU at stock clocks and they've been working fine. It seems my motherboard or (more unlikely) my cpu was the source of the problem.

That said, my card outputs worked fine the whole time and this only happened occasionally.

Do you hear a repeating noise and does it freeze, or is this on all the time? I got this on my first 5770, bought a second and it still happened. Kept the CPU at stock clocks and they've been working fine. It seems my motherboard or (more unlikely) my cpu was the source of the problem.

That said, my card outputs worked fine the whole time and this only happened occasionally.

Nothing is currently overclocked, This happens when i power it on, Upon removal it boots just fine.

Both DVI do not work, And when i remove the gpu and hook the monitor to the onboard video it works fine.

Just to clarify, your onboard video is also through DVI and you were using the same cable and monitor port that you used when connecting with?

I have actually had the same issues on and off with my 5770, except that it would happen randomly throughout the day. Sometimes while gaming, sometimes while web browsing, other times just randomly when no one was even at the computer. I've taken it in to be looked at several times, but it's always okay.

I'm not sure what it is exactly, but for me it seems like after these last couple of graphics updates it has gone away as it hasn't happened in a couple months now.

Btw, for me it was the horizontal colored bars on the screen, but I could still hear everything that was going on with the computer (ie' hear the game still going in the background).

Back