4G iPod Jackets

QHalo

2[H]4U
Are these things ever coming out? I'm trying to find the Jam Jackets, the nice rubber coatings for my new 40GB 4G pod and I can't find anyone with them in stock. Are these things not out yet or am I not looking in the right places? I really hate putting my pod in my bag with no protection :(

They say it ships Aug 31, but it's now Sept 14 and they're still taking Pre-Orders...

Just wanted to note, I recieved my iSkin Evo2 (the iPod 4th Gen skin from iskin.com) last week, and I ordered it after 12pm on the 31st.
It is a great skin. I like it much better than the skin of theirs for the 3rd gen ipod (I had both not too long ago). The screen protector is also a lot nicer this round and doesn't seem to tint when exposed to the sun (my 3rd gen one tinted right away, like in 3 days it was a lot darker).
I think the Evo2 is well worth the money, I'm glad I bought it. Now I don't have to worry so much about scratching up my precious ipod :)

Yeah I ordered yesterday from iskin. The only one that looked decent that would fit the 40GB was the Artic White one. I really wanted that nice carbon skin but alas no 40GB skin :(

oh well, can't wait to get this thing so I can at least feel a bit better if I happen to drop it.

Quick question: Do iskins really increase the durability (and dropability) of an ipod by any noticeable margin?

no

i had one, it just made it big and bulky. I took it off recently and just make sure not to put my keys in the same pocket... i was thinking about selling it before, but now that i've taken off the rubber crap i love it more than anything. When i had it on it put all these weird oily streaks all over it. Most of it came off with some polish, some didn't.

Well the 40GB version of the iPod is already big enough, but i would rather sacrifice big and bulky to scratching up or damaging my $450 investment even if I bought the BB replacement plan.

oh if i had the replacement plan i definitely wouldn't get an iSkin. if it gets bad, just have it "break" and get a new one.

I had teh iskin to keep it in good condition so i could resell it later. Well it devalued like hell anyway and now i would only get like 220 for it even though its in perfect condition so i said fuck it. Well a month later, its not really scratched anymore.

Whether or not I have a replacement plan doesn't mean I don't like to keep my things nice and clean. I'm very anal about things that spend lots of money on and like them to be as new as possible, even if I can get a new one if it breaks. shrug

so get an iSkin and you decide if its worth it or not. I didn't like it cuz it was big and bulky, and had trouble getting it in and out of my pocket, since the rubber stuck to my pants if you know what i mean.

Lajo at www.Lajo.biz is the man. He has a better selection and was the chief designer for Iskin before he branched off and started his own site.
Check out his selection

Yeah, lajo has like 33 and 1/3% off on all exo 4G iSkins cases. I ordered one, but the selection of color isn't too great. Also it's been 2 days and I still haven't received a shipped email.

The prices for the xskn are a lot cheaper. iSkins are pretty thin... I wouldn't think they are 2mm like some of those xSkns. And to get all the optional features/accessories, the xSkn and iSkin (which comes with the accesories) are about equal in price... although I wish I would have known about the xSkn because the accessories are worthless to me and I could have got mine a bit cheaper. Oh well, I'm happy with my iSkin, and to me, it seems I would have only saved ... about 8.50 or so (the xSkn Exo3), for the features of the skin alone that I want. Although the accessories that came with the iSkin are worthless to me

MikeF98765 said:
oh if i had the replacement plan i definitely wouldn't get an iSkin. if it gets bad, just have it "break" and get a new one.

I had teh iskin to keep it in good condition so i could resell it later. Well it devalued like hell anyway and now i would only get like 220 for it even though its in perfect condition so i said fuck it. Well a month later, its not really scratched anymore.

Ahhh, so insurance fraud for "breaking" it... good job.
You're right though, when the new ones come out, it seems the previous gen drops in price, BUT older than the previous don't too much. 4G came out, and I still saw 2nd Gens (20gigs) selling for 200

Back