4090 - lots of weird pop in

make sure Youtube didn't just leave it at 360p which it only had that option when I first uploaded it.

the game is at maximum settings with RT stuff on and maxed. I do have the DLSS/frame stuff off.

EDIT:
Also, the video could be degraded from what I actually see based on whatever my OBS settings are.
Looks like you have Ray Reconstruction turned on, which also forces DLSS. You can see the intense ghosting and the AI oil painting visual issues (which are a big problem in the Ray Reconstruction mode), all over that video.

Looks like you have Ray Reconstruction turned on, which also forces DLSS. You can see the intense ghosting and the AI oil painting visual issues (which are a big problem in the Ray Reconstruction mode), all over that video.
But i dont. The setting is off.

lol, I can't even get the game to re-install.

before uninstalling I did try the lowest graphic settings possible and that didn't change anything.

Nobody has asked what driver settings are being used, yet?

Are you using the default driver settings (Adjust 3D settings with preview), or are you setting things individually (Manage 3D settings)? Show us screenshots of your driver settings.

1698332734693.png

Nobody has asked what driver settings are being used, yet?

Are you using the default driver settings (Adjust 3D settings with preview), or are you setting things individually (Manage 3D settings)? Show us screenshots of your driver settings.

View attachment 608998

newest driver and I haven't messed with any of those settings.

lol, I can't even get the game to re-install.

before uninstalling I did try the lowest graphic settings possible and that didn't change anything.

I meant trying the lowest graphics setting possible ie just applying it, and then turning the settings (individually) all back up to max. This is just in case your settings, visually, aren't actually showing what the game thinks they are. So turn them down to min, apply, then up to max. Not sure if you tried that.

Again, I would try a fresh windows install. You paid a lot for the GPU. Just at least being able to rule out hardware errors is a big deal. It would be worth a shot, as a last resort.
yea it gets to 97% and just fails and says its corrupt.

Hmmm... Have you checked the integrity of that NVME SSD? I'm starting to wonder if your drive might be dying, based on the pop-in. Have you done any testing on it?

At a certain point it might be time to go with the nuclear option and try starting over with a totally clean install of Windows. You can download a free copy of Macrium Reflect and make an image backup of your entire drive first. That way if you format and nothing improves, you can always go back. Spinning drives take about an hour, but SSDs can backup/restore in less than 15 minutes.

If you can get it reinstalled, update the dlss dll, framgen gen dll, and the ray reconstruction dll's. Download here: https://www.techpowerup.com/download/drivers/

But that isn't texture pop in, that's more like draw distance.

I sometimes see a brightness that takes a second to fade in Cyberpunk when moving from a dark area to a bright area. Like your eyes adjusting to the light.

Did you ever get this solved?

With Cyberpunk, yes. A full reinstall of the game seemed to fix it but I still similar issues with some other games but not like Cyberpunk where entire things were just not there, more like geometry popping in or scaling up, other assets come and go. I see it in Mechwarrior online, Enlisted, Robocop, and a few others.

There are other games where I don't see any of this kind of stuff so I don't know what causes it. Engine maybe? Its pretty annoying in the games that it happens in. I don't think the card is damaged in any way because it survive any torture test thrown at it. I will have to take some video of some other game where I see this.

Edit:
Some MWO footage. I tried to point out the stuff coming and going. Don't mind the oddly cropped video my OBS settings were weird after I got a higher res monitor.

View: https://youtu.be/nSuAvuSMlxI

Last edited:
Since you are on Windows 10, have you made sure to enable hardware accelerated GPU scheduling? In windows 10 it is not enabled by default, it is in Windows 11:

1703804651579.png

1703804709835.png

1703804783577.png

Kiss principle. Sniff out your PWS. Put a meter to it. Voltage fluctuations cause a lot of weird chit. The low power draw tells me the card may be going into "limp mode" to protect itself. Like a Lambo with an issue that needs attention. Just my .02

That's a good idea too.
Set the GPU-Z sensors for the three voltage fields to 'MIN', then go play Cyberpunk for a half hour.
1703864364818.png

Check the minimum recorded voltage. We can already see that it shows 12.0 (not loaded) from the screencap you previously posted.
If it's dropping below 11.5v under load, the power supply is getting too weak to handle the load. If it is under warranty, I would get it exchanged.

Last edited:
Back