3-D Printed Gun Only Lasts Six Shots

You only need six shots. If you can't hit your target in six then it's probably a good idea to let the professionals handle it.

There's this urban legend about the "gun show loophole." The fact of the matter is this: there is no such thing. Dealers at gun shows have to call in background checks and record the sale (and keep it on file for ten years), just like at a gun store.
I should have been more clear. You'd have to buy from another individual at the show. Any private sale for that matter isn't traced or checked.

I should have been more clear. You'd have to buy from another individual at the show. Any private sale for that matter isn't traced or checked.
When selling a firearm as a private party, you still have to keep a record of the sale for ten years. Sure, the person could use a fake ID, so the record of sale would be useless, but this is in no way a gun show-specific thing, ergo there still is no gun show loophole.

When selling a firearm as a private party, you still have to keep a record of the sale for ten years.
Never heard of this and can't find anything on it; safe to say I've broken this practice a few times.

When selling a firearm as a private party, you still have to keep a record of the sale for ten years. Sure, the person could use a fake ID, so the record of sale would be useless, but this is in no way a gun show-specific thing, ergo there still is no gun show loophole.

What state do you live in? It might be news to you, but different states have different requirements for private transfers. WA, for example, requires no record of sale; the law only requires that the seller not have a reason to believe the person is prohibited from owning a firearm.

I agree there's no "gun show loophole", but that's because it's inaccurately named for political expediency when trying to attack the sale of privately owned firearms.

Never heard of this and can't find anything on it; safe to say I've broken this practice a few times.

What state do you live in? It might be news to you, but different states have different requirements for private transfers. WA, for example, requires no record of sale; the law only requires that the seller not have a reason to believe the person is prohibited from owning a firearm.

I agree there's no "gun show loophole", but that's because it's inaccurately named for political expediency when trying to attack the sale of privately owned firearms.

As it turns out, both of you are correct, and I was mistaken. It's required here in IL (whose governor is actively trying to ban "assault weapons," whatever those are), but it's not a federal requirement.

Hahahahahahahahahaha....:D

Thats about all I can muster up for this "experiment"....:rolleyes:

As someone else mentioned, you as a citizen can already purchase %80 Lower pieces...you can also buy a "bolt-on pattern assembly" that allows you to be able to mill out that %80 Lower for full functionality with common hand tools...both can be bought for under $500 easily. Even at $1000, that method would still be cheaper and better than dealing with a technology that has not hit its full stride in the average consumer market as of yet...

Ya pretty much. This is just dumbasses who somehow think this'll be some sort of revolution. No, not really. Even if the lower worked great, who gives a shit? It isn't the problematic part to make. Try and print out a barrel and chamber, see how that goes. However if you fire it, do so remotely if you like your fingers. 5.56mm NATO generates 63,000 PSI of pressure.

It is just some stupid people who think 3D printers are replicators form Star Trek, not prototyping devices, and then fueled by the media who loves gun scare stories, and understands even less about technology and guns.

Ya pretty much. This is just dumbasses who somehow think this'll be some sort of revolution. No, not really. Even if the lower worked great, who gives a shit? It isn't the problematic part to make. Try and print out a barrel and chamber, see how that goes. However if you fire it, do so remotely if you like your fingers. 5.56mm NATO generates 63,000 PSI of pressure.

It is just some stupid people who think 3D printers are replicators form Star Trek, not prototyping devices, and then fueled by the media who loves gun scare stories, and understands even less about technology and guns.

but it is the problematic part to buy

if I had the money I could probably round up enough parts to assemble 50 rifles TODAY if I had the lowers to go with

There practically is a gun show loophole, because in some states people just sell guns to whomever, and don't have to do background checks.

In California every transaction that isn't between parents and children has to go through an FFL anyway, with background checks and waiting periods.

There practically is a gun show loophole, because in some states people just sell guns to whomever, and don't have to do background checks.
My issue with that claim is that the sales have nothing to do with gun shows. That phrase is tossed around to instill fear in an unknowing public who hears it and thinks "arms dealership" rather than what usually happens here in WA (safe queen gets sold because it's just not being used).

The truth is that they're readily transferable items and regulating the private transfer of them is little more than a form of registration of all publicly owned firearms.

Back