3-D Giving You a Headache? You’re Not Alone

3D movies have been around for the last 90 years. :rolleyes:

:eek: Really :eek: I did not know this! :p

This isn't the same 3d that was around in the 1950s. It isn't shot in the same way, nor does it used the same equipment. 3d hasn't been promoted at the same scale since the 1950s, even though it has been used in random projects and releases pretty much outside of IMAX and other non mainstream cinemas. This is digital 3d, which is rather different. But also, outside of a few directors that worked on the IMAX films, or the occasional odd little project there isn't a great wealth of experienced 3d directors. :p

Not a fan of 3D anything.

Old school i guess.

Are you a fan of color? wide aspect ratio? surround sound? a sound track?

All where New at some point and met with a similar attitude by some . .
funny how that is . . :p

I am so sick of 3D movies. My local theater is practically 3D only now & I now have to travel out of town to bring my son to the movies. It is bad for children and those with corrective lenses.

My wife and I once had a movie night every few weeks, but now thanks to this 3D garbage we choose to watch movies at home most of the time. It's saving us $$ this way I suppose, so, there's an upside....

i just dont like seeing them in 3D. i dont hate it like some people, and in a couple movies like avatar and how to train your dragon i actually think it was on par or better than regular 2D. however the fact that most of the time id rather see 2D, the tickets cost more, and im 6'5" in those tiny theater seats, i hardly ever go to the movies any more. only reason i go is if its something ive been looking forward to for many months, or seeing something my friends or gf want to see.

To be honest besides the likely hood that the movie I'm about to see is going to give me a headache, the price you pay to get the headache is not worth it. I'm more willing to see the movie in 2D and then buy the 3D combo pack when its on special since I have 3D vision at home. You wait a bit and your gonna get the 3D version with 2D BD, DVD and Digital copy for the same price as the BD/DVD combo. Got myself already Tron Legacy, Green Hornet and Tangle this way (I refuse to buy the 3D version of The Last Airbender, it was done horribly).

Unfortunately (or fortunately with the quality of these 3D releases) I have no depth perception and am immune to the effects of 3D :D

i was able to quickly adjust to 3d. First with Avatar it completely ruined my experience watching it. But by my third 3d film I had no problems at all. Still not a fan of it though ;/

Clash of the titans wasn't a 3d film. It was post processed to be "3d". You could tell this because the director used depth of feild effects for some parts, and it meant that various parts of the image were blurry in weird places (depth of feild doesn't work in 3d because of the area of focus can't be that narrow etc). The only bit of the film where the 3d worked well was the kraken at the end, but thats because it was 3d CGI, so probably wasn't "fixed" afterwards. Same thing for many many movies who want to join in with the "latest thing".

But more films are being filmed natively in 3d, with proper 3d cameras. This has it's setbacks (you need more light, takes more time, different focuses have to be used etc.) but the 3d content provided by this kind of film will be much better than the post productioned 3d. I think also now that the "gimmick" phase is dying down, it will be much less things flying at your face and cliched content, and more things that add to the film.

It was kind of like this when sound first came to movies. Some old silent directors didn't know what the hell to do with it and some did things like having long silent sections in films (famous example is dracula). But then directors gained experience and the genre matured along with the techniques they used. At the moment they are mostly 2d directors playing around with 3d content.
Yeah, I heard that "Clash/Titans" was a fake 3D movie in the way you described. The best part of the movie was the phrase "Release the Kraken!"

You mean this? I've got to admit that mad me laugh for a while. There is no way the husband believed that, but guess so.
LMAO! That's funny.

I was really disappointed by clash of the titans 3d. It was my first and only 3d cinema event. Don't get me wrong - I game in 3d all the time and have a 3ds. But post processing into 3d just sucks.

I was really disappointed by clash of the titans 3d. It was my first and only 3d cinema event. Don't get me wrong - I game in 3d all the time and have a 3ds. But post processing into 3d just sucks.

It's only suck if it's not done properly. From what I heard they took 8 weeks to convert that turd when usually it takes 6 solid months to convert a movie.

Back